Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couple questions- 1.is the fuel pressure regulator bolted directly under the tank?2. Does the dealer call it something different?3. How much$?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you get the regulator off the tank? The bolts just turn without coming out
So
I assume there are nuts on the inside

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
This is a VERY common problem with the ltr. The nuts are molded into the tank. The only way we have been able to remove them when this happens is to cut the head of the bolts off, the wedge a screw driver beside the nuts in the plastic and remove with vise grips.

You will probably have to epoxy the nuts back in the tank once this is done.

Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a VERY common problem with the ltr. The nuts are molded into the tank. The only way we have been able to remove them when this happens is to cut the head of the bolts off, the wedge a screw driver beside the nuts in the plastic and remove with vise grips.

You will probably have to epoxy the nuts back in the tank once this is done.

Mike
Well that sucks! Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine spun trying to take them off with a hand socket. Put the small impact on them and they backed right out. Just another option to try.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
use the impact before u start hacking away

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
what convinced you that you needed to change it?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
is it common for those to need replacement?

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
its a matter of properly diagnosing it. Some have, some have not fixed their problems after replacing it. Thats why i'm asking.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i read some articles of some bikes that were running real lean and it was either the fuel filter was dirty and/or the fuel pressure regulator was dirty. that you can just clean out the regulator b/c some times it get dirty.
2006 Suzuki ATV Parts for LT-R450, OEM and Aftermarket at BikeBandit.com
the part that is cleaned up is #21 and not the swirl tank#14 or is it both?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
If you have a gage that reads around 40 psi you can check it to see if it bad.

there really isn't ant thing to clean on it, the things that can go bad are the diaphragm and the seat.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i do have a few gauges, does our bike have a connection port, like a schrader valve connection? if so where?

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
no but if you have an air compressor and a gage you can test it off the bike.

T the gage to the inlet and plug the outlet, then apply a small amount of air to the inlet. it should bleed off any air until it reaches 37 psi and after that it shouldn't go ant higher. you may need to install a valve to regulate the air volume.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
i'm thinking of going with this one

Its 4 port so it will have a bypass for the tank and a port for a gage if I want. $114.00

Or this one for only $41.00
Fuel Pressure Regulator - Adjustable - Blue 54% Off! | Fuel Pressure Regulator - Adjustable - Blue | Fuel System - Universal

bypass valve as well. The benefit to these is having a gage to verify pressure and also a larger diaphram for increased flow and longer life before cleaning. Oh ya, and they are rebuildable instead of replacing. Seems to be a better option vs the stock POS.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
you think that $40 will with stand the beating of jumping? any ideas where you would mount it?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
no but if you have an air compressor and a gage you can test it off the bike.

T the gage to the inlet and plug the outlet, then apply a small amount of air to the inlet. it should bleed off any air until it reaches 37 psi and after that it shouldn't go ant higher. you may need to install a valve to regulate the air volume.
it should bleed off or shouldnt?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts