Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding on the road in 5th gear and all my lights lit up on the dash and it shut down. I left it in gear thinking it would fire back up but I was wrong. So I turned the key off and then back on and you can hear the injector spraying constantly when the keys on. I unplugged the injector and the spraying stops. Ive traced the wires from the fuel injector back to the brain and there's no damaged wires. Could the tps wires making contact with each other cause this? The previous owner stripped back the jacketing on the tps wires and didn't do a very good job of reinsulating the wires.

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
If the TPS wires could deff be causing issues thinking that the TPS is wide open and spraying no mater what is going on. Fuel pump will pump no mater what so it sounds like either.

Injector is stuck open
CDI is bad
TPS issues

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a better job of taping up the wires to the tps. That didn't fix it. I even unplugged the tps and its still spraying. It only stops when the keys off or the connector is unplugged from the injector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if I have to replace it should I just find a used oem one or whats the smartest route to go? I don't see myself building this ltr to the hills like my Honda. But you never know

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
Testing the ECM is tricky I would see if the injector is the issue. What you can do it take it apart and try to blow something through it and see if its stuck open.
Also did you take the injector out to confirm it is flowing while the quad is off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't blow through the injector. Its brand new too. Ive not tested the injector with it disscon3cted from the throttle body.. but With the key on i can hear the injecfor spraying full bore. I confirmed this by the amount of gas that shot out of the cylinder when I removed the spark plug.

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
sounds like something with wiring or ECM. Is the injector an OEM or a knockoff?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Disconnect the injector electrical connector. With the key on, use a multimeter and check both connector pins of the harness for power or ground. If the Gr/W color wire has ground, either the circuit/harness is shorted to ground or the ECU is grounding that circuit when it shouldn't be.
Turn the key off and see if that pin is still grounded. If so, disconnect the ECU connector. Inspect the ECU connector and the ECU pins for corrosion/water/debris. If the pin is still grounded, then the circuit from the ECU connector to the injector is shorted to ground somewhere in the harness. If ground is no longer present after disconnecting the ECU, the ECU is the cause.
When you fix this problem, you are going to need to change the engine oil a few times to make sure you get as much fuel out of the crankcase as possible. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts