Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, tried to do a search but had no luck with my specific question. I'm wondering if anyone has installed the 1 1/8 clamps without any modification to the stock stem. I tried to bolt up my new clamps to run my flexx bars, but there are bushings with metal cups that seat inside of the stock steering stem. The bolts that fasten the new Fuel clamps are bigger than the stock ones so they do not fit through the cutout on the metal cups. Any ideas on this? I'm not sure if its such a good idea to completely do without the bushings. Any info would be appreciated as my LTR sits in pieces. Thanks ! -Cody

·
Registered
287 Posts
Don't run it without the bushings. The fuel atv clamp studs are roughly 2mm larger in diamater than most clamps. You either need to change the clamp or the stem so they match. I would not recommend modifying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any companies that sell a similar product to Fuel's? (One that works as advertised) Where I can mount my Fasst Flexx bars without raising bar height.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm not familiar with mounting flexx bars, I run Precision Shock and Vibes personally. However if your trying to mount 1 1/8 bars on stock stem I would just get the tusk bar risers, they are only an inch taller, maybe less. They will help you convert from stock (7/8) to 1 1/8 bars.

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Black and red give us a call and we can help you fix the problem, you may have been given the wrong bolt pack. since you bought the product from us we want to make sure that it is correct and the problem is fixed because you dont want to run the bars without the bushings, so before you start bashing that its not as advertised give us a chance to fix the problem.

Thanks FUELATV

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good info FoxHead. Fuel ATV- I had no intentions of bashing anyone. I found out about FuelATV from this site so that just wouldn't be the best move IMO... Anyway, I called when I realized I had a problem and the answer I was given was "no one has tried to run the clamps without the antivibe stem". So my response was explaining what it says in the product info which is "These bar clamps from FUELATV will allow you to bolt 1 1/8 or Fat Bars right on to your LTR450 without raising the bar height. These are a direct bolt on with no modifications needed". That was pretty much it. So up until now I was led to believe the search was on for a part that worked. If you have a solution that would also be my solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts