Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New to the forum and just bought my first 06 LTR a few weeks ago. Anyways, I replaced the swirl filter with the inline and everything was going alright - it was running great. Next there was a leak on my fuel pump housing, so I took it apart and replaced the screws and used some gasket sealant between the aluminum and black plastic housing, I also cleaned the fuel filter at the bottom of the pump (a couple particles, not dirty).

After putting it back together the thing will not run. It will start and only run for one or two seconds and die. I can hear the fuel pump prime for the 2-3 seconds as I turn the key. I know that I can find a lot of useful information on here, I just would like some ideas on where to start looking from the point I'm at. The only thing I have done prior to it running great was remove, clean, and reinstall the fuel pump... any ideas? Thanks guys, would really like to get out and ride this thing, its really a blast to ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,266 Posts
Check your fuel pressure. Did sealant get where it shouldnt be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It shouldn’t have, I took it apart again to check and the fuel filter was clean. I just used a super thin coat over the o-ring.

I will check the fuel pressure this week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the fuel pump apart again to check the o-rings before checking pressure. The little horse shoe shaped seal on the top of the pump was cracked to sh*t and crumbled as I tried to remove it. I have a new one on the way ordered. I am hoping that this was the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts