Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could use some help , got a 2008 ltr 450 , got a sudden issue the other day. Bike cut off , no start , red fi light on constant, read code , reading 21 IAT sensor . It will start up with spray in intake but when starts it surges up and down on its own , also when I hit throttle 1/4 of the way it sticks and races at about 1500 rpms, any help appreciated , I see there there is a wealth of knowledge here? Befuddled!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,230 Posts
Check the wiring for the IAT maybe its unplugged, or a wire got snagged on something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the wiring for the IAT maybe its unplugged, or a wire got snagged on something.
Thanks for the reply , I unplugged it checked voltage to ground on both terminals voltage within spec 4.9 -5.2 volts , then did continuity check no continuity from ecm to iat sensor , can I unplug iat run without it and how do I reset ECM , do I need an SDS or unhook battery . Real surprised that problem would make this bike run that weird , crazy up and down surges , and like I said I hit throttle 1/4 of the way and it sticks at crazy steady high rpm , thanks again for the help

·
Super Moderator
1,230 Posts
Unplug ECM and check the wires for continuity, if you have voltage you should have continuity.

Reactions: hime69670

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what I thought , I tried on a couple occasions with paper clip on the unplugged IAT female connector and a small safety pin on the ECM female connector I will try again though, I also got no ohm resistance reading on the IAT sensor itself , so I ordered one of those sensors , what is the proper way to reset the ECM , again thanks for the all the input, we are on the right track i believe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts