Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 07' ltr450 with two brothers slip on, yoshi power bomb module, and no air box lid.
Turn key on and FI light is some times with engine not running.
Engine running at idle light might be on then turns off or stays on. With engine at idle riding with just the clutch the FI light sometimes turns off.
Riding with the throttle it seems like the first 1/8" of the throttle is un responsive then has rpm spike. This symptom does not have an FI light.

While at an idle if i stab the throttle to 1/2 to 3/4 it "coughs"/ hesitates a second.

Help would be greatly appreciated since my dealer isnt an option due to fee's and honesty

·
Registered
52 Posts
If your EFI light stays on then your running in a down graded mode. There is an issue but not a bad one that could cause engine damage. You need to put the bike in dealer mode to get the code to find out what sensor is giving you trouble. I would check your OAT temp sensor in the air box, it may be broke.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
Look in the manual, they use a switch to make the contact with the red/white wire. you can just ground the wire to make that connection.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just leave it connected while getting the codes. What I have done on mine is use wire taps and setup a switch that is located in the air box, so should I need to put it in dealer mode, I can do it any time without have to take the plastics off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am going to start with saying thank you for all the help. But the problem wasn't what I thought it was it was the fuel light was switched with the FI light and the fuel level was making my FI light turn on and blink randomly. The previous owner must have nocked them out of the sockets and didnt know where they went.
Without the PDF service manual on this forum i wouldnt have noticed the
FI and the fuel light were mixed up.
Once again thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your EFI light stays on then your running in a down graded mode. There is an issue but not a bad one that could cause engine damage. You need to put the bike in dealer mode to get the code to find out what sensor is giving you trouble. I would check your OAT temp sensor in the air box, it may be broke.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts