Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,ive just tried to start my ltr and its turning over but not firing up and the fi light is flashing approx 1each second,the bike hasnt been started for 3 weeks,when i last used it she ran fine,i am in the process of splitting and spraying all connectors under the hood with contact cleaner because my dealer told me to,i am hoping one of you guys has experienced this and found a quick fix because my dealer is over 2 hours away,i have tried switching the ignition and engine run switches on and off several times,i have also disconnected the battery,but still no joy thanks in anticipation guys

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
if you read the owners manual i believe it means its a FI system error and should be taken to the dealer immediately.... but double check

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
why do you have three threads on this,, I was trying to help on the second one and got no reply..
you should do a reply or a bump so we cam help you :unsure:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
ok i am quoting the owners manual.

FI system failure

A. The red indicator light comes on and remains lit when the FI system has a failure.

B. The red indicator light blinks one time a second when the FI system has a SERIOUS FAILURE.

engine coolant over heat

C. The red indicator light blinks quickly two times a second when the engine coolant temp. becomes too high.

The engine may continue to run in mode A and C, But the engine WILL NOT start in mode B.

So in other words take it to your dealer because i doubt it is a minor problem.....

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
I was going to tell him how to jump a connector so he can get the codes that will tell him what circuit is flashing the light

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
problem solved guys,the tip over switch had came loose from its mounting point and was hanging upside down,tricking the bike into thinking it was upside down,it must have been loose from the factory,everything is fine now so i am going riding tonight,thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Where are the mods <_<

They didn't know this was news :blink:

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
problem solved guys,the tip over switch had came loose from its mounting point and was hanging upside down,tricking the bike into thinking it was upside down,it must have been loose from the factory,everything is fine now so i am going riding tonight,thanks for the help guys[/b]
Thats what I was going to say :blackeye:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts