Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my friend has a 700r and is getting new shocks this week and its between the elkas, or fox floats..
me and him are matching are quads so whatever he gets i gET!
so what ones would you pick, why, and wich ones do you think will preform better..
open to anything, thanks.

· Registered
2,630 Posts
The floats will be in the garbage soon after he bolts them on...if you're going to ride FOX, you have to upgrade to Evols. If he orders the Elkas...send them back out for rider specific valving and they'll work great. But the chances of them working perfect when they come in is hairy as well

· Registered
2,648 Posts
I would go with Fox only if he gets the evo's.

· Registered
23 Posts
I would go with Fox only if he gets the evo's.
[/b]
I am an elka dealer and the only way we get them is with rider specific valving. Elka is very fast in production and a plesure to deal with, it is a great product, I have ridden many different brands and elka is by far the best. Now, take into consideration that we build dune bikes. So I have limited experiences in the dirt.

· Registered
53 Posts
I had elkas on my LTZ450. They were nice shocks, but the Evols on my LTR now are so much smoother. I love the way it rides. I would never get any other shock. A lot of people are skepital of the Evols because they are fairly new to the ATV industry, and nobody wants to try them. All my friends have rode my LTR and are now switching over to the Evols.

· Premium Member
476 Posts
I was talking to the guys at Elka a Few rounds ago, and I told them people are beating my door down for the Fox's theese days. I told them the ride quality is uncomparable, and they better hit the drawing board for 07. He didnt like it, but he needed a good dose of reality I think. Hopefully some other companies will follow suit with some new techonology.

Truth be told, nothing beats a Fox Evol for MX and rough terrain. for Flat track I would say Elka, because the Fox's do tend to roll a little more in the corners. But a small price to pay for a silk ride, and seemingly bottomless shocks.

· Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I think those of you that go to the track and have Fox, Elka or anyone there to service your shock and help you get setup right have a VERY BIG advantage. Elkas are great shocks, but the valving you get from them is usually WAY off.

FUELATV

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
[attachmentid=1170]

· Registered
183 Posts
^^yea im with kyle i had a set on my yfz and it was very slick and easy to dial those shocks on go out to the track for a day and you will have it down!!

· Registered
6,322 Posts
If I had to chose between these two brands I go Fox. I'll never run another set of Elkas again. Couldn't get'em valved right or keep fluid in them. Kept blowing seals. Nothing but Axis for me :kickbut:

· Registered
75 Posts
All depends on whats dialed in means to you. If it means feeling better than what you were riding before or getting maxamium performance out of the product. I've rode coil shocks that have felt smooth as silk so it all depends on your previous experience with different companies right now is a bad time for shock companies axis lost there best shock builder, elka has been way off on there valving, Pep hasn't done much but the big cans is just a selling ploy, and fox has a nice product but the oil they use is not the geatest around and they are more expensive to rebuild and if you nic the shock body it will leak air and alone is a 100 to 200 dollar fix. I've been running them for a couple years on my sled and its become more cost effective for me to switch back to a coil shock with proper valving you will not be able to tell much of a difference but in corners. One big improvement on these shocks you can do is shock covers a must and a rebuild with a higher quility oil its a night and day difference been done alot in the snowmobile seen. Other than that there a very nice shock I just don't want people to think its the only option out there. sorry for the long post just got on a bit of a rant

· Registered
537 Posts
I know you want to match your buddy but he may want to try some stock YFZ front shocks on that raptor and just have them valved and sprung. I've seen stock YFZ shocks go pretty cheap and a I-shock revalve is pretty reasonable. As I doubt he is serious about racing that 700R competitively. He would get a great tunable shock that performs well. Just thinking outside the box.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.