Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Elka Now Has Steering Dampers

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  fatv 
#1 ·
Well I got this news letter from Elka and they are now going to be producing steering dampers. Just thought i would pass it along to you guys if you didn't already know.

http://www.elkasuspension.com/system

#2 ·
GOOD FIND ..... I would like to see how they mount? Like the Precision, or up top like a GPR? i bet they will sell alot of them even if they dont work the best. Just like their shocks high price and valving from the factory sucks. But i gotta hand it to Elka their chit always look tight.

FUELATV

#4 ·
I wonder how much it will be?

#9 ·
Their description says "low mount" whatever that refers to. I took at as it mounts similar to the precision...but thats just my 2 cents worth.

#11 ·
Most likely the same place the Precision one mounts. I'll post a pic:

Suzuki LTR450 Steering Stabilizer complete unit all mounting hardware included. Installs in approx. 15 minutes. All known after market stems fit this unit range 1.23-1.280. Used by team Suzuki racers Doug Gust & J. Jones This item is on back order for 4 weeks
Price: $485.00

Here's a promo video of the Precision:

http://www.precision-rp.com/video.htm

Here's a pic one on a Z400:

#12 ·
Here is what the link states:
The ultimate steering damper has arrived.
Elka Suspension is proud to announce the launch of a next-generation line of steering dampers that offers an unprecedented level of adjustability and performance. This project, which has been in the works for the last two years, has finally reached the final stage of development and testing in real-world racing applications. Production of the System 5 and System 3 steering dampers has begun and the first units will be available by August.

The System 5 steering damper is second to none in terms of adjustability, providing five different adjustments: high-speed damping, low-speed damping, return to center damping, angle between straight or cornering and cornering damping level. All these adjustments allow a rider to fine-tune the steering damper to his riding style, helping him when needed without requiring unnecessary effort by removing vibration over choppy terrain, reducing arm pumping and rider fatigue. It also increases control over obstacles and helps reduce lap times.

The System 3 steering damper shares the same compact design and reliability as the System 5. It features high-speed damping, low-speed damping and return to center damping adjustments. Both systems come with all the required mounting hardware specific to each vehicle. They will be offered as a lower mount rotary damper for the following ATV models: Honda TRX450R and TRX400EX, the Yamaha YFZ450, the Suzuki LT-R450 and LTZ400, the Kawasaki KFX400 and the Arctic Cat DVX400.

These new products have been specifically engineered to perfectly complement Elka Suspension’s line of shock absorbers and linkage components to provide the best complete package for your ATV. After extensive research and testing, the System 5 steering damper has already proven itself in one of the most grueling races in the world: the SCORE/Tecate Baja 500.

NOTE this statement:
They will be offered as a lower mount rotary damper for the following ATV models...

I am guessing like the precision...

#14 ·
2 weeks! :p

#17 ·
Gave Elka a ring...5 way adjustable dampers sell for 550$, 3 way dampers sell for 475$. They're taking orders already, and expect them to ship out late August. :D

#21 ·
Precision told me they dont even give Free products to the Pros.
FUELATV
[/b]
Almost everyone runs one -- and if it's not FREE --- that says ALOT about the quality of that product ---

#22 ·
Excellent point DJ :D

#23 ·
I saw the elka dampner on Yoakleys LTR at the WISP GNCC today looked sweet andI will post a pic tomorrow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.