Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive been runnin a power commander IV but i had it mounted in my airbox long story short it got melted by my dasa along with the bottom of my airbox but ive been lookin around since i upgraded to the big bore and cams anyone tinkered with a bazzaz programmer or does any one know if msd has the blaster box for the ltr yet? Other than dobeck knock offs? I was looking at the new msd because it can modify timing supposedly and the bazzaz is a selfing contained system no tuner really needed im not sure what to think about it. All just trying to get and edge on my buddys any input is appreciated!
Thanks, lance aka dunerdr!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
1st. where did you get a PCIV?? I didn't know they made one.

Were you running lean causing excessive heat that far back on your pipe? I know the exhaust gets hot but I'd be concerned with why it happened. Also mount your fuel controller on the front of the quad with the ECM and other electronics. Why not go with the PCV? I don't think the problem was the power commander, also I've heard people are having problems with the PIM2. I would stick with a fuel controller with a little more support out there then trying to run something different and risk having more problems or more questions. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just got hot because my insulation got torn off It was running a little lean but not bad i was running the rough dasa tune wasnt dynotuned but it was 4th of july on the sand the bike was runnin pretty hat and i had the power commander mounted on the pipe side of the airbox it was my mistake is the power commander 5 out forthe ltr?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have my PCIII mounted under the seat behind the airbox on the rear plastics. It's strapped down with velcro and it seems to be pretty safe there.

I'd suggest a PCIII and a good dyno.

Also, onesavage is right...no way you should of melted your airbox. Something else is going on. I live in AZ, ride in 115 degree weather all the time, never melted anything buy my ass on the seat.

·
Registered
568 Posts
i think the bazzaz or wutever is more like the pim2. Maybe wrong, dont know much about them, i dont have a fuel programmer but when i do im going with the pim2, ive heard problems on here out of both the pim2 and the pc but around here more ppl have the pc and i hear go with the pim2 cause they have had problems with their pcs and now half of them same guys run the msd and are happy with them, but they are on yfzrs and not ltrs

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive got a new powercamander in the box in the garage im just trying to get opinions on some different stuff msd told a friend of mine they are workimg on development of a box and i heard the same through the grapevine about buzzaz ive heard awesome stuff about the buzzaz but im really curious about thoughts on the msd's with the ability to advance and retard timing similar to modern cars anyone have any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts