Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2 Bros full pipe from Starcycle 3 weeks ago (thru eBay) and found out yesterday that they are backordered for a few weeks !
Are they allowed to do this when the auction says they have 2 available ?
Am pretty pissed about it really as their advert is huge saying how great they are and they took the money within a day too.
Anybody else ever struck this as I feel it is false advertising really !

:angry:

· Registered
81 Posts
I bought a 2 Bros full pipe from Starcycle 3 weeks ago (thru eBay) and found out yesterday that they are backordered for a few weeks !
Are they allowed to do this when the auction says they have 2 available ?
Am pretty pissed about it really as their advert is huge saying how great they are and they took the money within a day too.
Anybody else ever struck this as I feel it is false advertising really !

:angry:
[/b]

I ran into the same thing with Galaxy ATV on a bumper. They told me that they would refund some of my money when I complained and didn't and they said they would overnight it and they didn't. The whole drop-shipping and representing the items as in stock is really frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
367 Posts
I dont think that thier allowed to do that. It would be like you selling somthing that you dont have. Thats illegal. Whether thier getting it soon or not the item isnt in thier possesion to sell so i think thats against the rules.

· Premium Member
476 Posts
having exerience in EBAY sales, it really comes down to the Sellers preference.

You see super low prices on guys like ATV Galaxy, but his profit margins are so low he either cant afford, or doesnt want to keep his items in stock.

Being a legitimate shop we do our very best to Keep in stock, what we sell on Ebay.

You get these Yahoos that think they can start a legitimate business online, by price whoring and within 6 months to a year they are broke, they dont do any expense analysis and their fees quickly catch up with them.

Just thought I would share my view from this side of the fence.

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starcycles is a pretty big outfit by the look of it so I was expecting them to have them in stock.
I actually asked if they had the Yoshi in stock instead and they were on backorder too.
Incidently I enquired about a pipe from Cernics but the shipping was a little high so thats why I went elsewhere.

· Registered
81 Posts
having exerience in EBAY sales, it really comes down to the Sellers preference.

You see super low prices on guys like ATV Galaxy, but his profit margins are so low he either cant afford, or doesnt want to keep his items in stock.

Being a legitimate shop we do our very best to Keep in stock, what we sell on Ebay.

You get these Yahoos that think they can start a legitimate business online, by price whoring and within 6 months to a year they are broke, they dont do any expense analysis and their fees quickly catch up with them.

Just thought I would share my view from this side of the fence.
[/b]
Whenever I can, I like to purchase through my local shop. This relationship has turned into a sponsorship and cheaper than ebay prices on almost everything I get from him. I would recommend having your local shop order parts for you or order from dealers like Cernics or Fuel that are up front with what they have in stock. I haven't purchased items from Cernics Racing yet but being I have heard good things from a lot of people and plan to use them in the near future. Developing a relationship with a company that races and understands racing is usually a better deal than just getting the very cheapest price. We race every week and need things almost every week and it is great to be able to grab the phone and talk to the guys who keep you racing and know more than just what parts fit your machine.

· Registered
2,014 Posts
I buy all my parts from Cernics now. May take a day or two extra until I can get a hold of Kyle but worth it in the end. It's nice to know the guy selling my my parts rides quads too. Most my home shops are dirt bike only.

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
May take a day or two extra until I can get a hold of Kyle but worth it in the end.
[/b]
He he he...thats good stuff there! :p

Actually Kyle called me back right away and I was more than happy with the response and knowledge. BUT...they still don't have my Titanium Cowbell in...how long does a guy have to wait? :p

· Registered
2,014 Posts
Yea well your not in Iraq so a day or two is way better then most companies who just ignore me. :) Plus I have his number now so I can just call and verbally herass, err I mean order parts.

The hard part is convicing my wife that I didn't actually order the parts. :)

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
Now THERE'S a trick I need to learn :p

· Registered
2,014 Posts
Well I have them delivered to my parents house so that helps. And I ordered a bunch, with her approval, awhile ago. But they are all still in boxes too. SO say an extra box or two shows up... who's to know!?

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
We used to have a saying on the floor of the New York stock exchange..."Where's there's confusion?...there's profit"...or opportunity as I like to put it :D

Thats a great trick..."But honey...I told you and you said it was ok" :lol:

· Registered
7 Posts
I ordered my HMF pipe from Galaxy when there listing said 5 available. I later learned there was fine print at the bottom of the listing which said 7 days for shipping. What it did not tell me was that they would take my order and then make an order from HMF directly. HMF builds their pipes based on orders rather than keeping any in stock. 2 weeks later after I figured all this out I called HMF and they had gotten the order a week after I made the purchase from Galaxy so they had the pipe scheduled for completion the the day I called which would mean another 5 days minimum until I received it. I told the lady at HMF that I was leaving for the dunes in 2 days so she was very helpful and added me as a customer and sent it next day.

Long story short, if you are interested in an HMF pipe make sure the dealer HAS it in stock or just go through HMF directly.

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
Cernics...add me to your list :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.