Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I just bought a 06 LTR and would like to turn it into a duner/drag bike. The bike is currently at Dasa racing getting the Max rpms 527 BIG BORE, +1 valves, and some port work. The bike had dasa exhaust, fuel customs intake, and power commander 5. I plan on getting Fire Ball racings A-arms, +8 swingarm, and drag axle. I am still thinking of what shocks I should get. But the suspension is going to have to wait until I get back from overseas. I am picking the bike up this weekend. Excited to get it back and see how it runs.

Here are a couple pictures of the bike when I bought it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
KMS has a 535 bb kit, just installed one on mine. I have most of the same as you but a bored TB, 2+ ti valves, nice port and polish and Web cams. running a stock swinger with 6 paddle haulers.

fun bike and plenty of HP.

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
Don't know yet, having PCV glitch problems. it's rideable but not tuned properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked mine up Saturday from Dasa and it put out 62 on the dyno there. curious to see what the 535 kit puts out compared to my 527.

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
My stock bore stock stroke DASA build made 62 but only around 10k.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just wanted to see how the bike turned out..trying to get some light on how to build mine. Im looking to go the same route with my ltr. Dasa did my work on my motor the first time around but wanting to change my setup and do a duner/drag bike also. I am planning to add big bore, +1 valves all around and bigger cams. I just cant figure out what size big bore to run. I want to be in the 60hp range. I talked to Dan and he recommended me a Cylinder works BB kit. But Ive been curious about Max rpms kits.

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
I won't have it to a dyno for a wile. I have a map in it that runs fine and makes a lot of power so I will just use that for the next dune trip. It's a dunner only and we don't go that often so there is no hurry on getting it back together. I had some valve train issues last trip so I didn't get much time on it. I left the cam saddle bolts too loose and ended up bending a valve, I have parts coming from DASA now.

Of course the 535 will make more power than the 527 with the same compression ratio but there is a trade off. The 535 is an extremely big sleeve for the cylinder and will effect the longevity of the build. The 535 piston is a bit longer than OEM but still rocks around quite a bit in that big of a hole, plus the cylinder skirts are quite thin.

I like to push the envelope so I went with the 535 on my LTR, but if I was to do a BB on one of my boys bikes, I wouldn't go as big as 104mm.

Any way, dyno numbers really don't mean much except for tuning purposes. It's hard to compare builds by using numbers from different dyno's. They all read a little different and the difference is multiplied with temperature, altitude and even the type of tire and chain used. Some of these factors are not compensated 100% accurately buy the Dyno

Just for sake of argument, my LTR made 62HP running my knobby's but when I installed the sticky dyno tires that where available it dropped 3hp. :dunno:

hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I haven't replied in a long time. I am currently over seas. Anyways the bike came out great. Before I left I took it to Dumont sand dunes and she was running great. we had it on the dyno and it was putting 62 hp. Since Ive been over seas Ive bought +6 swing arm and drag a arms from fireball racing, drag axle, spindle front wheels, kick start conversion kit, direct drive lock out clutch, and other misc. stuff. Im excited to get home and start building it for Halloween weekend at Dumont. Ill post pics of the new toys when I get home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts