Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm doing a top end now and also replacing the one way bearing. After I replaced the one way bearing the crank shaft only spins one way. It does spin the correct way ( like the way it goes when the engine runs). If i try to spin it the other way it dosent budge at all. I don't know if it should spin freely both ways or only spin the one way. Again, It spun freely both ways with the old one way bearing, but that bearing was broken so the crankshaft acted like there was no bearing at all. I want to get this engine together asap so help is apperciated.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
The one way bearing should do just that only spin freely one direction. If your trying to spin the crank it should spin both directions but going the one direction your going to be spinning the starter also. You should be good to put it together. Don’t over torque your cam caps on your head that a common mistake

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
@MatthewBishop911 like quadracer said the one way bearing is doing its job. However the crank should be able to spin both ways without an issue. Is your starter engaged when trying to spin it backwards?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts