Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just recently bought a 2007 LTR450 and since I didn't get a good test ride in when I bought it I ran into some problems at home. first off, apparently it had a whole new top end (head, cams, valves, chain) with only a few hours on it . once the bike warms up it starts to make a clunking noise prominently in the lower left side of the engine. this noise is inconsistent and is slightly noticeable at idle when in neutral but worsens when increasing speed or on deceleration. also there was a significant amount of chunks of aluminum in the oil filter as well as small steel shavings and the oil that was drained out looks like it is filled with tiny pieces of aluminum. this bike runs great, starts great and shifts good through the gears . any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
bottom left could be a couple things. related to the one way stater gear. Best thing to do is take the side of the case off and just check to see what is wrong and order a replacement gasket. Could also be something related to the transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts