Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read the post with the list of about 11 things to do to check fuel issues and tried just about everyone of them. Let me start and say my bike is a 2006 ltr450. I bought it about a month ago and had been sitting for a while so when it was spitting and sputtering I assumed it was because it was low on fuel. Got it home did some clean up on it and it seemed like the more I fixed the worse it got. This bike has a full Yoshimura exhaust and an alba fuel management system. The guy I bought it from unhooked it and talking to the guy some more says that he unhooked cause it was spitting and sputtering when riding. We went threw a while we couldn't get the bike to run at all but today we got out there and checked fuel pressure. When just turning the key on it would jump to about 42psi then drop to 0. When we got it to run the needle would bounce a little between 40 and 42. A few times it dropped to 30psi when reved up. We go it to run sounded good took it off the jack and took it for a ride started spitting and sputtering and back firing and didnt wanna stay running. (This was with the alba fuel management) it doesn't seem to want to run at all without the abla fuel management.

We have replaced the swirl filter put fresh fuel in it replaced the fuel pressure regulator. I am so lost on what it could be.

This is our 2nd ltr450 and the first one had a fuel issue as well. Also ended up being a broke ring but that one was hard to start when hot. This one starts every time (now anyways). Any ideas would be great Im about to lose my mind with this thing. I tried to add all the information I could think was important but I'm sure I forgot to add something lol

I will all a picture if the fuel management.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Told you I knew I was forgetting something lol. I don't know if it matters or if its important but the exhaust on this bike is hot like the yfz450s hot. The other ltr450 had stock exhaust and it didn't get that hot. I'm not sure if that's normal or not

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you also posted on Facebook a few days ago? If so, I am one of the people responded. Have you made any progress? Unfortunately, you don't get many responses on this site anymore.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Leave the fuel pressure tester hooked up. The pressure should not be dropping to 30 psi even when you rev it. The reason it’s so hot is it’s running lean. My money is on the fuel pump dropping pressure once the electric motor gets hot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you also posted on Facebook a few days ago? If so, I am one of the people responded. Have you made any progress? Unfortunately, you don't get many responses on this site anymore.
Yes i posted on fb. Its running but it sounds like its missing. Its not breaking up as much but its still not right

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Did you try running it without the tuner on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts