Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 ltr450:rock: with air box lid removed, baffle out, and cherrybomb.

I had a problem with my quad charging in the past and it was the voltage regulator, when i put the new regulator in everything was fine and charging about 14.2 volts at idle and went up with rpm increase it never hit more than 14.8 volts and it had all power, i went for a ride yesterday and about 2 hours in the quad starting cutting out and bogging when any where above 1/4 throttle, it was doing the same thing before I replaced the voltage regulator as the fuel injection systems draws to much to run off of a non charging battey.

Now, The battery voltage when the quad isn't running is at 12.8-13.1 volts which tells me the battery is charged and the battery is brand new, i just replaced it with the regulator. When I start the quad my voltage does not increase, I was thinking the stator/generator is Bad. I know the regulator is still good as my buddys raptor 660 has the same regulator, when I plug mine in his quad all charging checks out perfect, the same as his factory regulator. When i plugged his in mine there was no change, it still did the same thing as mine. Also my stator checks out good with resistance and the no load test, How do a load test as I think when its under load its not providing the correct voltage. I am very good with electrical as it is my strong point, just didn't want to throw a bunch of money and parts in it, if there not needed.

Thank you advance for your help and input :fing02:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did u chech stator output while the quad is running? Also check resistance between the legs of the stator and check them to ground. Should be OFL to ground not sure of the spec between each other u would have to check the book

1 - 4 of 4 Posts