Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Burning leg

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  MXQuadRacer 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does the side with the header get extremely hot. I know its supposed to get hot, but mine is literally burning leg hairs when I ride around my field in shorts. My bike is all stock, just wondering if the others are the same.

#3 ·
Mine gets hot too. Common sense would tell me that when my leg gets burned it would be time to wear some jeans. Its also safer to have jeans on or riding pants.

#4 ·
If your not wearing boots, its gonna happen...lol I'll take pics of my boots to show you why I wear them. The whole side of the boot where the pipe is really worn from the heat.

#5 ·
i dont seam to have that problem and i wear shorts riding all the time and i certainly do beat the bejesus out of my 450. only time it starts to even feel too warm at all is when im sitting still for any length of time and that situation has a simple solution... move your leg a couple inches to the right lol its an easy 1 step process

and no i dont wear boots either, just tennishoes

#6 ·
Don't mean to rain on your tennis shoes BUT...I saw a guy get his foot ripped in half because he wanted to wear tennies...was enough to convince me...FYI? A footpeg to the calf (not the COW kind NW) isn't alot of fun without the protection of a boot either....just my $.02

#8 ·
ya mine gets super hot 2 but if i were u i wouldnt where shorts quading ................last summer when i was drive my predator i got second degree burns of my headers

#9 ·
I wear some big old Thor boots and a nice set of Fox riding pants and T Shirt when I ride. The pants are the style that go over the boots and are heat resistent. They melted paritially. I sport a chest protector and jersey when I race.

I don't like having to think about wear my leg/foot is in relation to the exhaust so I wear the safety stuff. Plus I have wrecked pretty hard and the boots have saved me.

I also swear by helmets. I have totaled 4 helmets in 2 1/2 years. The only good news is I got an in at Snell and I get more for free. I have all my old ones tested to find out where they failed too. I sort of do field research unoffically for them. :)

#10 ·
Yeah it gets hot...want visual proof...here ya go...[attachmentid=216]...and thats just after riding around in a field at work...no racin required!

#13 ·
Yeah, I wear full riding gear when I race or practice on my track or one of the local tracks. I was just practicing holeshots one day in my field and after a few good runs my leg was getting really hot. I believe it wearing safety gear all the time, I guess wearing shorts just made me realize how hot it was, didnt know if it was normal since my Z400 didnt get that hot. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

#15 ·
Mmm, I could tell all kinds of stories about riding without boots...but so could the rods in my leg. Honestly, I won't even go for a little spin on my track (75 feet from my house) without strapping boots up. Human body is just too fragile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.