Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K9 ltr450 with cherry bomb and stock air filter im planning on buying a K&N airfilter and a yoshimura RS-5 exhaust i dont know if these mods will work fine or should i have a PC3

thx

·
Registered
79 Posts
the k&n that came on mine has become a pain, because the clamp that u bolt back in like stock that lil tab has broke off i had to beat it down a lil to hold the filter bc its too thin to weld. clampon anything would have to be better. im runnin the yoshi slipon, cherry bomb, hi comp piston, yoshi track cams, k&n filter, air lid removed, power commander , and a bunch more.

the good thing bout a power commander is if u get it now when u add another piece or two on it u cna get on a few diff sites and usually find a tune for it to download str8 to ur power commander and be ready to go.

but id say later on im gonna get a pc5 and do the autotune.
but i wanna get pc5 zero the maps out and get autotune so it will tune its self out and i wont have ot try and guess or try to find someone who cna help me since noone has my same mods on a tune online

i think the pc5 would be what ud end up gettin since its for the newer ltr years mine has pc3 bc its a 06.

but the power commander woudl just be good if u plan ot do more later on if not id say cherry bomb will do ok

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im searching for best performance for mx and drag races if i get K&N with drycharger is it good with my setup??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will the cherrybomb take care of that ?? im getting RS5 full exhaust system

·
Registered
79 Posts
a cherrybomb is for airlid gone, baffle removed basically im pretty sure, anything after that u needa get a power commander 3/5.

if u plan on doing much go ahead and get a power commander because if u dont ull have ot get it before u do anything after what i say ot get it to run right

btw mine was built for drag racing from the boy my buddy got it from. heres a pic of it back when the boy raced it

but if u wanna race it like u said and mod it up go ahead and suck it up buy the PC5 for ur 09 and be done with it u wont regret it after u get it tuned in and u can find tunes for popular mods that u can just use to have urs tuned out right or close bc its not if ull need one its when ull need one

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If i have stock filter with out lid and cherrybomb installed in and i get a yoshimura RS5 full exhaust will this setting be good ?? i cant find a PC3 where i live i should order it and it takes time.... :/

·
Registered
640 Posts
Gotta get a Foam Filter!!!!

Run ya a good day in some dirt/sand/dusty condition, then run your finger through your intake tube (With a K&N)... bet ya get a finger full. Imagine what got through.

Buddy showed me this....... Take water in a cup and pour it through a K&N, then pour it through a foam filter. After doing both of the above mentioned, I swapped and have not looked back. Fuel is the only "K&N Style" filter to run if ya just have to go that route. 8ply. K&N is 2ply. MY .02

·
Registered
385 Posts
If i have stock filter with out lid and cherrybomb installed in and i get a yoshimura RS5 full exhaust will this setting be good ?? i cant find a PC3 where i live i should order it and it takes time.... :/
ya you should be fine with the crbm till you get the pc, ran mine with k&n slipon and intake cam, after adding the cam it would die if pinned from the verry bottem of first though

·
Registered
719 Posts
Im running pretty close to the same set up that you want to run. I have a full system Leo Vince x3, cherry bomb, air box lid off with a twin air filter and mine runs perfectly fine. A pc5 will get you the most out of your set up. K&n are complete garbage and wouldn't run them on anything. I had one on for one day and had to completely clean my intake tube from all the crap that accumulated. Get a twin air or a uni and you will be happy, they are cheap too

·
Registered
568 Posts
thats wut im saying he would be fine i have full rs5 lid off with clamp on foam filter no lid and cherry bomb been running like that a year and a half no probs at all just rebuilt tranny and everything looks good stay away from k and n get a foam clamp on if u get just the aluminum peice to clamp on a filter i got a k and n u can have

·
Registered
38 Posts
ya my k&n broke as well... stupid mistake and i knew better at the time too. cost me $1500 so far and that snowball is still rollin. now i need new tires, exhaust, cams, shocks (if your gonna do it you mind as well do it right)... OMG second morgage!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.