Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LTR is back to the dealer for a transmission issue. The shifter would not spring back into position. So I took it part to find that the case was broken where the pin threads in that the shifter return spring pushes again. Just a heads up and something to watchout for. I'm quite concerned it's going to happen again.

· Premium Member
1,639 Posts
My LTR is back to the dealer for a transmission issue. The shifter would not spring back into position. So I took it part to find that the case was broken where the pin threads in that the shifter return spring pushes again. Just a heads up and something to watchout for. I'm quite concerned it's going to happen again.
[/b]
I believe some one else here had that problem. I think we might have another problem with this one. Looks like the casting may not be strong enough around the shift arm.

· Registered
292 Posts
is there any way to fix it without putting the bike through extensive and expensive surgery???

· Registered
2,630 Posts
Yeah, this seems to be a fairly common problem :(

Heard a rumor on here a little while ago, that Kyle from Cernics was working on a fix. Not sure how concrete this is?

· Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Yeah, this seems to be a fairly common problem :(

Heard a rumor on here a little while ago, that Kyle from Cernics was working on a fix. Not sure how concrete this is?
[/b]
I will try and pull a cover off next week and see if we can find a way to help this situation out.

· Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm quite concerned it's going to happen again.[/b]
Forgot to comment on this...it was also mentioned that the replacement cases that are being sent out are beefed up in this area as to prevent it from happening again. Hard to say when they actually changed from the weaker original design

I will try and pull a cover off next week and see if we can find a way to help this situation out[/b]
Great to hear, please keep us informed on what you find out! :D

· Registered
300 Posts
Yeah it happened to me too. Everybody I talked to around here told me that it would not be warrantied. However sombody else on here had it happen as was able to get it fixed, you can see in the link below. I already pulled the motor so I guess I can either put it back in and take it in or do the work myself and build up the motor at the same time.

Good Luck!!

http://www.ltr450hq.com/invision/forums/in...?showtopic=2690

· Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. There were no warning signs that the case was about to break.

My quad has been at Xtreme in Claysville, PA for almost 4 weeks. it should be done Monday. Lucky my quad is still under warranty and they are going to cover it. If not its like $2000 to have the dealer repair.

I recommend everyone who can to EXTEND YOUR WARRANTY!!! the $250 for 1 extra year may prove well worth it.

· Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem. There were no warning signs that the case was about to break.

My quad has been at Xtreme in Claysville, PA for almost 4 weeks. it should be done Monday. Lucky my quad is still under warranty and they are going to cover it. If not its like $2000 to have the dealer repair.

I recommend everyone who can to EXTEND YOUR WARRANTY!!! the $250 for 1 extra year may prove well worth it.
[/b]
Yea but what good is it if most dealers won't go to bat for you and get it fixed under warranty?????

· Premium Member
1,639 Posts
ATP ..... that would be a great item to manufacture. I also heard the Cernics had something in the works, but that was awhile back. Keep us updated ATP.
FUELATV
[/b]
I havent had a moment to pull the side cover off of our current shop build yet to look at this problem. If there is anyone out there that has this problem now that needs it repaired, I will extend the same offer as I did for the transmission fix. This will be a lot easier to work with if I have an engine on the bench to do all of the measuring and fabrication.

The following is a copy of my post in the transmission section :

"I am hearing this everywhere more and more every day. Atleast for what I know as of now, there is no update for the problem, but if there is, I am sure that we will hear it hear before Suzuki releases anything.

I want to throw this out there.

If there are any of you who have this happen and it is eaither not covered under warranty or you just dont want to take it to the dealer give us a call. I would like to see this problem first hand, and see what we might be able to do to help fix this problem. We will give the first person to send and engine to us a great deal on the parts and labor to fix it as well as if we can come up with a fix for the problem you will pay no additional charge for the update."

Let us know what you think,

ATP Racing

· Registered
8 Posts
I have come up with a solution for this problem, I have made a billet aluminum piece that mounts the shift pin from the outside rather than the inside. I have had numerous ltrs come through my shop with this problem and have put this fix to them and it has worked great and saved people lots of money and time. The bracket will install in approx. 30 mins and will last forever.

www.bcsperformance.com

· Registered
6,358 Posts
I have come up with a solution for this problem, I have made a billet aluminum piece that mounts the shift pin from the outside rather than the inside. I have had numerous ltrs come through my shop with this problem and have put this fix to them and it has worked great and saved people lots of money and time. The bracket will install in approx. 30 mins and will last forever.

www.bcsperformance.com
[/b]
pics please

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
I looked all over that site also...didn't find a thing... :(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.