Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls. I have a 06 LTR and been beating myself up on this issue. I have done about everything and can't get this thing to run right at high RPM's. I have changed the injector and everything. It starts idles and drives but when I stab the throttle it falls on its face. I tested TPS and it volts and ohms out correctly. I've checked valves and those are in tack. I switch to OEM injector and that's not it. I'm at a stand still and about to sell it. Even though I tested TPS could it still be bad? Any suggestions would help. TIA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '08 and just started having the same problem 3 days ago. For mine to start bogging I have to have been riding it for a few minutes. It drives wonderfully for the first 10-15 mins. Took the spark plug out and going to change it today because it was horrible. Il let you know if that fix the problem. Had this quad for about 2 months so far.

·
Registered
2006 Ltr450
8 Posts
Hey guys/girls. I have a 06 LTR and been beating myself up on this issue. I have done about everything and can't get this thing to run right at high RPM's. I have changed the injector and everything. It starts idles and drives but when I stab the throttle it falls on its face. I tested TPS and it volts and ohms out correctly. I've checked valves and those are in tack. I switch to OEM injector and that's not it. I'm at a stand still and about to sell it. Even though I tested TPS could it still be bad? Any suggestions would help. TIA.
Mine did the same thing it ended up being a clogged fuel filter there's also a filter in the fuel pump on the bottom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned that filter on the bottom of the fuel pump and the fuel filter is new

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cleaned filter on bottom of fuel pump? You checked the swirl filter in the tank and also Removed the fuel pump disassembled and cleaned the screen that is inside of the fuel pump it’s self?
If so then Another thing to check would be the fuel pressure regulator. You can find a video on YouTube detailing how to do it

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Check your fuel pressure after it starts acting up. I had a fuel pump fail only after running fine 15-20 minutes. A lot of people will check fuel pressure and say the pumps good but not check it when the issue is actually happening

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cleaned filter on bottom of fuel pump? You checked the swirl filter in the tank and also Removed the fuel pump disassembled and cleaned the screen that is inside of the fuel pump it’s self?
If so then Another thing to check would be the fuel pressure regulator. You can find a video on YouTube detailing how to do it
There's a filter inside the tank?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts