Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my Ltr 450 has been hard to start, I put a new plug in it thought it sorted the problem but today was hard to start again popping and banging from exhaust and air box, today once it started was a bit smokey for a minute blue smoke and then it cleared up, any advice would be great cheers guys

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would I do a compression test?? Wat would be involved in a top end??sounds expensive, could top end be done with engine in place cheers

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
Download the manual on here for step by step instructions on the compression test. Replacing the top end for me involves a piston, a freshly plated cylinder, rings, wrist pin, bearing, and gaskets. And yes. that can all be done in-frame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are several companies that make "top-end" kits, which include everything you need to do one in-frame. I did one on my '06 and it was very simple to do as long as you take your time and make notes. Once you get done, make sure to check your valve clearances also. GL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok perfect I will have a look for the manual going have a look in eBay for the kits, once running and warm the quad runs perfect and starts good when hot thanks for info

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
have you done a valve clearance check. Also are you getting alot of oil in your intake tube?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not done valve clearance check yet but think its a good shout, getting no oil in the intake tube, it's dry, it was not a lots of smoke, just when I revving it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Blue smoke is valve seals. Had same problem did full rebuild and all is good. Check valve clearance often as maintence. She will run great and love u long time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts