Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ive read up on alcohol and they say anything rubber is where you run into problems so all new braided lines for sure so it dont corrode plastic is supposed to be fine with alcohal as long as you dont let it set for more than a week or so. i know this is an atv but family is into dirt track and run alcohol so they have had a lot of inpute on does and donts. oh and top lube that you mix with it is supposed to help it keep things lubed up and make it less corrosive. im still in the learning stages of everything myself

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
From what ive gathered yeah that should be it honestly I was also told you could keep the alcohol in there as long as it dont sit for more than a week or so without it running. But a lot of ppl still flush the system and run gas threw the system

·
Registered
24 Posts
i run alky and dual injectors on bikes and i dont know why any normal person would want the headache lol seriously though its not easy

there is so much more involved than getting fuel to it, and getting it to air stream. you may want to do a lot of reading before you think of undertaking this project.

race fuel is way to go for 99% people if you really want alky go to carb first on ltr then alky

i do have larger cc inj if people need them and some other non factory replacements that are close to flow but better the factory ones work good when they work but they go bad all the time.

also i cant see most people needing a larger one other than alky i have made 70hp on a stock inj before they will support a lot

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
holy crap that is a very similar quote to what I made in the beginning of the discussion!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
who the hell would want the headaches of two injectors. Oxygenated race gas seems to be the modern high hp fuel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
alky has its perks and 2 injectors on a single cylinder also has its perks. but i can not imagine the normal person trying to tackle this. My builds required a stand alone ecu, seperate motors be built just for fuel mapping purposes. countless hours of testing. i missed a lot of races because i had something wrong electricaly or fuel wise/ inj,pump, etc. alky is tough on parts. i had no missed races due to mechanical faliures of motors or on any carb bikes lol.

it works and it does work well but trust me it dont work that much better to justify $$/time save yourself the stress and $$

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Two injectors for what I want will be be a pain bc if I just t them and run with one ecm I don't think it'll work right from idle to about 1/4 throttle since the fuel will basically just pool up behind the butterfly. But i'm still wanting to try alcohol. I found a 625 cc injector which is about 200 cc more than the stock one and I figure if I up the psi on the regulator it would be sufficient enough to run alky.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts