Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the title says I'm trying to find all options for a bigger injector I seen a few listed but I don't think atp is around and kms doesn't list one. Or even a model number and all of the specs about the stock one so maybe I can Find one that will work. And if anyone knows where I can get a larger butterfly as I can bore the throttle body myself but need a larger butterfly. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I answered my own question but have another. On the kawasaki it shuts one off and turns the other on are you saying to just basically y the fuel line and wires and run them both constantly?

·
Registered
728 Posts
the stock injector is approx a 420cc injector it is same size and dimension as a honda s2000 injector but a s2000 stock is approx 350cc so its easy to upgrade it by ordering a large cc injector for a honda s2000

picture is of me cleaning and flowing 4 LTR injectors and one s2000 from left to right the one 3rd in is dirty and the last one is s200 notice it has less volume to the 3 ltr450 injectors that flowed perfect

Attachments

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Well I answered my own question but have another. On the kawasaki it shuts one off and turns the other on are you saying to just basically y the fuel line and wires and run them both constantly?

Yea not sure how to adapt it properly, I've since gone to carb and don't worry about these things anymore. Just seriously thought about it after reading the new dirtbike magazine and Kfx shootout. Then jumped onto google and thumpertalk and noticed the guys trying it on their older model kfx's with great success and impressive results.

Thought I'd try and plant the seed in someone else's head who's looking to do more with their injection.

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you just "T" two injectors together wouldn't it run rich until mid throttle or so? The dual injector bikes have the ECU programmed to bring the second injector on-line at a specific RPM.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like your optimism, and I think you will see all the manufactures going to this design eventually. It's kinda like the old quadrajet 4 barrel carb. Small primaries for great throttle response and massive 4 barrels for hauling a**!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
why do you need a larger injector? as for the butterfly maybe one of the shops that bores them can just sell you the butterfly?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need the larger injector bc i'm going to try alcohol. And the dual injector sounds like an awesome idea except I don't know of I have enough room under the tank and if I could fabricate the intake boot properly. But might know a guy who could.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It seems like it would be a tight fit to get another injector in there. Bc of all the added fuel lines and stuff not that I dont think it couldnt be done

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
just put a bored carb on it and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
you can also run a higher injection pressure and achieve a similar effect to a bigger injector. I would try to talk someone into running two injectors as long as I didn't have to work on it. People have enough problems keeping dirt out of one injector much less two.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i will probably have to make the fpr adjustable anyways bc of all the extra fuel it will have to flow. and for now i want to run efi still. if i can pick up another injector and intake boot cheap i wouldnt be apposed to trying dual injectors. i honestly havent had much trouble with keeping the injector clean so not worried about that at this point.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
is the fuel system resistant to alcohol? just asking since i know when 2 smoke engine get converted, gaskets in the carb need to be changed and after the motor is ran it much be purged out to it doesnt eat up the rest of the fuel system. a dirty inject isnt as apparent on a stock engine, the more hp you make the more apparent any lose in injector performance occurs. i do not know what you have done to your engine so im not assuming anything.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts