Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
What do you guys think about the skat trak extremes 18.5x10x8's? They are small but extremely light. I found that they sink a bit on take off in the sand but ride on top of the sand well at higher speed. I haven't attempted any hill climbs yet. Any other opinions?[/b]

Those are meant for mini's. I run those on my daughter's predator 90.

My comp cut brats are about 3lbs lighter than her 18.5x10x8 gliders.

If you don't have the money for brats, then 7's in a 21x12x8 are the way to go. If you race 300' flats mostly then maybe some 8's

My Brats are the 6 paddle flavor. Here is a pic of me going to race a Zilla and I end up getting a better match with a bolt on 450R with boltons and spindle mount fronts. He was running a 9 paddle 22" hauler.
Btw, My LTR is still running only a 400ex filter and cherry bomb.

Hand is down and I'm moving.... you can see the roost from the 450R on the right side of the pic we both timed it about the same.

out of the hole and all non-drag racers get dropped. Remember thats my 6 paddle brats to his 9 paddle haulers out of the hole.

At the top of the hill it looks like I'm ahead but we are about dead even. From this angle you get to also see the difference in Rider size. My brats = pretty much any advantage he thought he had. If he had 7's or Brats on his bike he would have murdered me for sure.

basicly you can buy brats now or talk about how you wish you would have bought brats later.

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
basicly you can buy brats now or talk about how you wish you would have bought brats later.[/b]
Best line i have heard in awhile. Basically you can fit a 66 - 68 rollout on the LTR450 with stock heel gaurds or IMS heel gaurds.

1. My brats were a 68 roll out. Junkie ran them on his bike with IMS heel gaurds and he did not have any issues.

2. My wife has 6 cup haulers ..... 66 rollout. They fit fine on her bike with stock heel gaurds and did not rub. Then i added IMS heel gaurds and they still did not rub. Later i added a 38 rear sprocket and they had minor rubbing. I put on a new longer chain and now they clear fine.

IMO if you run heel gaurds go with a 66 roll out tire. You will be hard pressed to find a 20x10x8 in a 66. They seem to be comming 60 - 62. So with the 21.

FUELATV

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone know the best paddles for the hill?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Brats are the best for the hill and drag racing....

·
Registered
266 Posts
If I am learning this right the 11 and 12 width wheel dogs out your ponies. Why are people wanting it so wide if thats the case. Also if your runnin 21s you have to be changing your gear. If not she has to be groggy especially with the weight they weigh. Also Fullerton made alot of sense to me with the 20x10x8 6 paddles. Will shall see and also I believe Sand Mountain is one of the highest mountains to race up around Cali and Nevada . So I might have the right combo.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Its not the width that is killing the power, its the amount of hook up and weight of the tire, so too many paddles will bog you down.... the wider the tire the better to a certain extent, keeps you floating on top of the sand, 21's have a good roll out number(especially compared to the way they making the 20's now) and that is the reason you can go faster..

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
We are also using a wide tire with a skinny rim, it give you that top fuel tire effect. at the start the tire is more flat, with the more paddle in the sand and as you pick up speed the tire grows and then your only using a small part of the paddle.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Anyone know what nerf bars fit if I am running 21" paddles?[/b]
WHAT ABOUT WHEEL ROTATION WEIGHT. THOSE OTHERS HALF TO BE HEAVY :blink: BIGGER THE WHEEL, TIRE, PADDLE CUP, HEAVIER. THEN DOES THE HORSE POWER GET SHOT OUT :mafia: THE WINDOW LIKE THIS PLACE :first:

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Anyone know what nerf bars fit if I am running 21" paddles?[/b]
I guess it truly depends on the RO of the tire... My 21" paddles clear my IMS peg heel guard with suzuki nerfs, I am sure my chain is stretched a little and that helps, I only have 1/2 inch of clearance but they never rubbed while riding..

·
Registered
150 Posts
has any one heard of doing a 9 or 10 paddle glider? Ive heard that thi is a good way to go

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Nice! Like I said, I like mine (SSII's) but they are heavy. I would like to see the weight difference between the 2. Keep us informed :)[/b]
Posted the info in the tire weight thread that is pinned above..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts