Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for the best sand paddle for the ltr, i was thinking on skat trak 10 paddle extreme. what is the best for all out drag racing?

·
Registered
341 Posts
totally depends on your mods, 10 paddle Extreme is a TON of tire, you'd better have some huge #'s if you wanna spin those guys.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I absolutely love my 21x12-8" 7 paddle haulers.. I've also tried 20x10-10 8 Paddle Extremes and it was too much paddle...

6 Paddle Brats are the tire to have , or so i've heard....if youve got the coin that is....

·
Premium Member
21,252 Posts
+1 for the Paddla Brats... :first:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
brats.. or triple buffed skats

wait am i the only one having a flash back of this type of thread?

·
Registered
493 Posts
im looking for the best sand paddle for the ltr, i was thinking on skat trak 10 paddle extreme. what is the best for all out drag racing?[/b]

Flat drags or dunes?

That is way too damn much tire for hillshooting....21x12x8 6 paddle Brat on a 8x7 douglas blue label is probably as fast it gets for a stockbore bike. Triple buff haulers arent far behind and they are half the price...so you can look that way too.

Stay away from a 10" rim/tire...they sink and drag through the sand instead of float on top of it. Good for duning because they slide but garbage for racing.

You'll have issues with 400ex's if you go 10 paddle extreme's for the hill man :fro:

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Stay away from a 10" rim/tire...they sink and drag through the sand instead of float on top of it. Good for duning because they slide but garbage for racing.[/b]

I have 20x10x8's extremes with 7 paddle and I feel they hook up like a hoodrat in Tempe! I'm doing mostly tree shots, and not dragging much at all. Although when I do drag I love douching my buddies on 450r's and DS650's.

·
Registered
266 Posts
BETTER CALL FULLERTONSANDSPORTS.COM IN CALI. HE WILL SCHOOL YOU ON THE PHONE. YOU SOUND HOW I DID A FEW DAYS AGO. HE IS REALLY HELPFUL. I BOUGHT 20X10X8 EXTREMES 6 PADDLES ON .125 DOUGLAS WHEELS. STRAIGHT UP LITE. THEN I HOOKED UP WITH FUEL ATV AND IN A WEEK OR SO I WILL SEE HOW SHE RUNS. I HEARD FAST..

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I bought some 20x10x8 6 cup Extrems for the hill. They were small, I wish I would have bought the 21x12x8. I have the IMS heel-guards and was told (Fullerton) that the 21x12x8 wont fit, so I bought the 20x10x8. I still think they are a GREAT dune tire and thats what I do most of the time anyways.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I have 21x12x10 Comp cut SSI's and I have about a 1/2 inch of clearance to my IMS heelguards.. Used stock chain though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have 21x12x10 Comp cut SSI's and I have about a 1/2 inch of clearance to my IMS heelguards.. Used stock chain though :rolleyes:[/b]
didnt you use to have the SSII's 20x10x8's

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yes they are on 10" rims also...[/b]
How do you like the SSI's, are they lighter then the SSII's. I like my SSII's they are just way heavy. Where did you get your SSI's at?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I love them, wow lots of fun.. Had to remember to keep the front end down...

They are so freakin light, I'll have to weigh them.. I'll take both of them to the post office and get a weight. I thought my SSII's are light :blink: Not sure what rims the SSII's are on since I got them used off of ebay many moons ago...

Fullerton sand sports...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I love them, wow lots of fun.. Had to remember to keep the front end down...

They are so freakin light, I'll have to weigh them.. I'll take both of them to the post office and get a weight. I thought my SSII's are light :blink: Not sure what rims the SSII's are on since I got them used off of ebay many moons ago...

Fullerton sand sports...[/b]
Nice! Like I said, I like mine (SSII's) but they are heavy. I would like to see the weight difference between the 2. Keep us informed :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
What do you guys think about the skat trak extremes 18.5x10x8's? They are small but extremely light. I found that they sink a bit on take off in the sand but ride on top of the sand well at higher speed. I haven't attempted any hill climbs yet. Any other opinions?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts