Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats happening fellas, I'm a new member, first post on here. I just scooped up my first ltr and I am looking to do one thing and one thing only, straight line drag race. I want to build the ABSOLUTE DOG SHIT out of this thing, money isn't a condition for this build. What reputable builder can I get in contact with to help me out? What motor combos can you guys throw at me really quick so I can warm up on this? I want the best of the best, no cutting corners.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My bike is a 593cc 7mil 104 kms big bore makes 69hp but has more potential if I have Racers Edge work on the head and if I go with a lectron carb

·
Registered
90 Posts
My bike is a 593cc 7mil 104 kms big bore makes 69hp but has more potential if I have Racers Edge work on the head and if I go with a lectron carb
U got any videos of your quad? Id really like to see that thing in action. And how much did the build cost u? The bore and the crank.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Crank works did my crank

I'll look for the paper work to the build it's been a couple years since I got the motor built

I have video on my fb but I'll get it loaded on here soon

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
:popcorn:

How is the 104mm cylinder lasting?

·
Registered
142 Posts
7mm stroker crank
104mm big bore
15.0:1 compression
Megacycle x3/x4
+1 intake valve
+1 exhaust valve

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
Do you have the steel sleeve or the aluminum sleeve and how much time do you think you have on it. I'm thinking of doing the 104 cylinder but I hear there was some problems with the steel sleeved ones.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe steel sleeve but I'll check to make sure and I have around 10 hrs ride time on it no problem at all

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
:popcorm1: :)

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
Good deal, they went to an aluminum sleeve and had very good luck with them until they changed venders. Their last batch from the new vendor are having a problem. looks like I will be rocking the 14.5:1 stock bore and stroke for another year.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I hit 70hp, factory cylinder, custom cp piston, custom webs, racerz edge head, lectron carb. Like doom said they do good port work.
Contact kms performance in AZ about building a heavy hitter ltr.

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
I have been down and talked to Kelly a few times, seems to be a really good and honest guy. I will be getting one of the 104 when he gets is figured out again.

·
Premium Member
28,671 Posts
I hit 70hp, factory cylinder, custom cp piston, custom webs, racerz edge head, lectron carb. Like doom said they do good port work.
Contact kms performance in AZ about building a heavy hitter ltr.
Do you know what the grind number is on your cams, I wonder if we are running the same cams.

Mine are 963/216

1 - 19 of 19 Posts