Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
I'll buy that one after work. I'm still gonna get mine tested but I can almost guarantee mine is done.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
What were those voltage numbers I need to tell them for testing my stock battery? What load for how many seconds? etc etc

Would batteries plus be able to test mine for me?

Also the XTAX7A-BS says it's full and fully charged off the shelf...is that a reliable full charge that I could take right home and use to start my quad or do I need to still trickle it until tomorrow?

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
What were those voltage numbers I need to tell them for testing my stock battery? What load for how many seconds? etc etc
Load test 40 amps for 15 seconds. should not drop below 9.5 volts during load.
Yes, they should be able to test it.

Also the XTAX7A-BS says it's full and fully charged off the shelf...is that a reliable full charge that I could take right home and use to start my quad or do I need to still trickle it until tomorrow?

If it is already wet and charged you should be able to plug & play, no charging required.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Load test 40 amps for 15 seconds. should not drop below 9.5 volts during load.
Yes, they should be able to test it.

If it is already wet and charged you should be able to plug & play, no charging required.
Not sure if it is gel or not but it says this:

"The Power to Move. The Xtreme PERMASEAL™ design ensures against acid leaks, is activated and full charged and ready to go out of the box"

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Clint - do you remember what my voltage was during load?

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Alright thank you. Hope this does it! They have it in stock and ready to go :D

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
It did the trick and the battery I use is gel. It works great and I think was $40. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Guys,

Cycle parts west has a battery (7A-BS) for 33.95, my factory 06' just went dead after 3.5yrs (pretty good longevity IMHO) B But you still

Can't beat the Cycle Parts west price. NO problems to report so far.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought a Gel battery for mine at half the OEM price from my local independant quad parts guy. I couldn't be happier with the results, winter here can get to -40*C and no tender or any maintainence over the last two years and it's good to go!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive personally went through 3 Walmart/BatteriesPlus batteries and two were before my rebuild and I can honestly say go with the expensive. I'm so fu#!ing tired of dealing with my machine almost starting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
one of the best battery is deep cycle battery, it is mostly used now a days and you have not invest again and again
looking for new battery, try out deep cycle batteries it has longer life span than other batteries.
discharge level is very slow.
it can also be used in solar system

check best deep cycle battery for solar. it has a proper guide and numerous options.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts