Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FoxMxRiders @ Mar 13 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think that the best choice is the OEM Battery.With the LTR injection I will never put a chinese battery in it.Yuasa is overrated but I think that will last much longer with less problem.

But this is your choice.The scorpion look nice but made in china ...[/b]
I think youre getting your money stolen.

A battery is a very simple device.

·
Registered
367 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poormanq45 @ Mar 13 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think youre getting your money stolen.

A battery is a very simple device.[/b]
Yeah maybe but I don't want my battery to fail during a race a make me a DNF (injection need battery).A good battery will maybe last 2 years and a cheap battery will last 6month -1 years then you pay 2 cheap battery for the price of a good quality one.

Its all your choice and this is mine.As soon as possible I will put away this battery and take a kickstart.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FoxMxRiders @ Mar 13 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah maybe but I don't want my battery to fail during a race a make me a DNF (injection need battery).A good battery will maybe last 2 years and a cheap battery will last 6month -1 years then you pay 2 cheap battery for the price of a good quality one.

Its all your choice and this is mine.As soon as possible I will put away this battery and take a kickstart.[/b]
Any battery can last 2 years....Maintenance is the key. Battery Tender :first:

Still running on my stock battery from 06...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If I was to go to walmart to get a battery, which one would I get? or even advance auto parts.

Reason bring is that I do not have time to go to the dealer and I need a battery for tomorrow.

BTW, the dealer wants to charge me $115 for the stock battery...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Take your stock battery in with you. If it's the same size with the same posts it'll work.

Like I said, they're all pretyy much the same.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok I went to Walmart, Advance Auto Parts, another local auto part store. And I called sears. None of them have a 7A-BS battery. Guess I am going to have to spend $115 at the dealer <_<

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dark_Age @ Mar 13 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok I went to Walmart, Advance Auto Parts, another local auto part store. And I called sears. None of them have a 7A-BS battery. Guess I am going to have to spend $115 at the dealer <_<[/b]
Just order one online....
Even the scorpion that was posted earlier is only $60 shipped...
Do you have any battery stores local like Interstate or Batteries Plus? I know they stock them as thats where our Suzuki dealer gets theirs from....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CQR @ Mar 13 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Find an interstate dealer Part # CYTX7A-BS Retail $80.95

1-800-CRANK-IT[/b]
Thanks. There's actually one of them a couple miles from my house. Never knew it was there lol. I'll pick one up tonight!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CQR @ Mar 13 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:cheers:[/b]
Well they were closed.

So I called My cousin who works for DEP/towing company and he said that he could put my order under their account and get me the battery for 50% off! So imma pick in up tomorrow. :first: :banana:

Thanks again.

Also I went to check my quad out before and noticed leaked oil all on the floor. Looked at the bottom of the engine and there was oil on it. Then I checked the dipstick and there was no oil on it. I had changed my oil about a month ago with less then 8 hours on it since, with no leaks. This happend like out of the blue. What could it be?

·
Registered
473 Posts
How did you not find a battery at the autoparts store and walmart?

Every local walmart and autoparts store has the battery you need. Why did you ask for a part number?

Just take the battery with you. If it fits and it's a 12V battery it'll work!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
14,129 Posts

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
21 - 40 of 55 Posts