Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new battery.

So what battery are all you guys using? I want a good one that will last.

Can someone please post a link of where I can buy it for the cheapest amount?

Thanks.

I searched and cant find what i'm looking for.

Edit: Hows this one... http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...9#vehicleSelect

·
Registered
911 Posts
Try to get another stock and a battery tender, when your not riding for awihle put the battery tender on it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (08R45044 @ Mar 11 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Try to get another stock and a battery tender, when your not riding for awihle put the battery tender on it.[/b]

absolutely battery maintenance is key to a long life.

You might look up a battery shop/store in your area. you can usually find a nicer battery there at a better price than at a motorcycle shop

you can also check:
www.apexbattery.com

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

Where can I get a battery tender from for a good product/ good price?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ugh... They're all the same.

Get the cheapest one possible. Get a battery tender for it.

All the batteries in this size are within .2 amp cranking and draw rate. It doesn't matter.

The Yuasa is so over priced. Go to walmart.

Kepping it on a tender is the key

·
Super Moderator
31,830 Posts
If they sell you a battery dry, Usually they come with pre measured electro-lite fluid. There is usually not enough. After filling, look down each cell and see if there is a slight amount of fluid covering the plates. If not add a small amount of Distilled water to each cell. Just enough to cover the plates. Let sit for 30 minutes and recheck. Add more water if needed (just enough to keep plates submerged.) it will reduce the chance of sulfation and internal shorting. Do not over fill, that will create excessive sloshing and gassing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CQR @ Mar 12 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If they sell you a battery dry, Usually they come with pre measured electro-lite fluid. There is usually not enough. After filling, look down each cell and see if there is a slight amount of fluid covering the plates. If not add a small amount of Distilled water to each cell. Just enough to cover the plates. Let sit for 30 minutes and recheck. Add more water if needed (just enough to keep plates submerged.) it will reduce the chance of sulfation and internal shorting. Do not over fill, that will create excessive sloshing and gassing.[/b]
Wow, I thought it was going to be easy but I guess not. Sounds complicated now. Guess I'll just let the dealer do it for me, I want to watch him do it though so that he just doesnt put the acid in and then right away charge it.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
All the dry atv batteries that I have bought came with the acid in a 6 compartment plastic filler. Push it down into the cell openings and it fills all 6 cells at once. Pretty much idiot proof if you read the directions. The ones I have done all had enough acid but if they don't follow CQR's directions.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I had mine cross referenced at my favorite local Honda dealership and got one for like $44.00. Yeah I have the battery tender from Walmart....it's the same as the Honda one my dad has for his ol GWing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think that the best choice is the OEM Battery.With the LTR injection I will never put a chinese battery in it.Yuasa is overrated but I think that will last much longer with less problem.

But this is your choice.The scorpion look nice but made in china ...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts