Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. People. Who do you think is the best of all time, best modern racer,and most influentual racer to the sport. This is just to see what everybody thinks......

In my opinion:

Best of all time: Marty Hart. The man proved he could win on 3 and 4 wheels. He's the man, no question.

Best Modern Racer: I'll just put my favorite, Jeramiah Jones.

Most influentual: Dana Creech. He's always the first to try a new type of riding. Freestyle, Supermoto, MX and just about everything else. He's on a mission to help spread ATV Racing.

What do you guys think?

· Registered
1,218 Posts
gust all the way.the old boy never lets me down

· Registered
494 Posts
IMO

Farr or Denton
Gust
Creech

· Registered
2,630 Posts
Dana...biggest heart in the world. Has an un-paralled love and dedication for the sport and has spent his life pushing the limits of our world

EDIT: Forgot to add...Jones is the fastest rider I have ever witnessed. Dana's natural talent in every aspect of the sport is just crazy. Jones though simply can't be matched when he's on

· Registered
2,648 Posts
I'm going to say Doug Gust is the best, for his age he is extremely fast.

· Registered
320 Posts
J Jones , I was it with my oen eyes in Budds Creek MD ... John Natalie ... tried but jones would make the distance gap get bigger and bigger!

· Premium Member
542 Posts
I think Gust is amazing espically for his age! I will always be a huge gust fan! But older riders like Denton Paved the way for the whole sport he is a legend! And Creech is a loose cannon never know what he will try lol! I like t watch Jones ride when his bike cooperates!

Gust

Denton

Creech

Jones

· Registered
6,322 Posts
Jeremy Lawson 5 years racing 3 national titles 1 of his 5 years was spent recovering from a broken neck. Thats natural talent!

· Registered
2 Posts
1. Gary Denton: As soon as someone else gets 7 straight Grand National Championships we can talk about putting someone else in this spot. Keep in mind that when he won it was combined MX and TT so you really has to be excellent in two disciplines. At one time he was borderline unbeatable in TT's. There were also other series at the time (Micky Thompson's come to mind) that he won championships in. Also Jeremy McGrath has mentioned that he learned holeshot technique from Denton.

2. Barry Hawk: See Denton, just apply the # of consecutive championships to GNCC.

3. Bill Ballance: Might just get the one up on Hawk in GNCC championships.

Honorable mentions:

Marty Hart: 3 and 4 wheel excellence, multiple titles.
Tim Farr and Doug Gust: long term excellence on 4 wheels.

There are a lot of other excellent riders who are younger and have the potential to make this list (Spader, Natalie, Jones). Greatness is defined by championships and Denton, Hawk and Ballance stand alone there.

· Premium Member
5,620 Posts
1. Gary Denton: As soon as someone else gets 7 straight Grand National Championships we can talk about putting someone else in this spot. Keep in mind that when he won it was combined MX and TT so you really has to be excellent in two disciplines. At one time he was borderline unbeatable in TT's. There were also other series at the time (Micky Thompson's come to mind) that he won championships in. Also Jeremy McGrath has mentioned that he learned holeshot technique from Denton.

2. Barry Hawk: See Denton, just apply the # of consecutive championships to GNCC.

3. Bill Ballance: Might just get the one up on Hawk in GNCC championships.

Honorable mentions:

Marty Hart: 3 and 4 wheel excellence, multiple titles.
Tim Farr and Doug Gust: long term excellence on 4 wheels.

There are a lot of other excellent riders who are younger and have the potential to make this list (Spader, Natalie, Jones). Greatness is defined by championships and Denton, Hawk and Ballance stand alone there.
[/b]

BEST said right there ......

FUELATV

· Registered
74 Posts
I know this is a pretty old thread which I ran into, but I'd like to add one name to this list. Doug Eichner. I know he hasn't raced MX nationals for a while but in my mind he is the most talented rider I've ever seen. He has raced in all forms of disciplines and in most cases he is always the guy to beat. He's won races and championships in MX(national,quadcross), Desert (Baja, BITD, Dist.38) GP (WORCS, Adelan, Lake Elsinore, Soboba), Stadium. He's won Pont de Vu (sp?) numerous times as well as other races across seas. The guy is in his 40's and he still hauls *** anywhere he races. I think he is going to start racing supermoto and I'm pretty sure once he dials in his Polaris he will win races.

· Registered
4,780 Posts
jones all the way, he also stayed with the Rs longer than pretty much everyone, so ive always liked him, there was just something about his riding that was so powerfully fast, yet so smooth

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.