Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a good after marked air intake hose. I have a full yoshi and cherry bomb and feel like it would run better with more air. also getting a powercommander soon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Air Intake

I have the Fuel Intake on my ltr and I'm very satisfied with it, I could tell a big difference over the stock air box. I have a full Dasa and cherry bomb also. I will be ordering my power commander soon.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you run a twin air filter with that setup?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Heres my take on intakes
stock airbox no lid aftermarket filter- makes decent power good for woods racing, can cut holes for better airflow
airbox delete kits,
400ex filter-cheapest around $40,works decent more air than stock box with holes
KMS- $150, new elbow new filter and a pre filter, claims most power of all intakes but the filter isnt the best quality, only a 2 layer, Kelly at KMS can get hook you up with a foam filter to use over top to make it good but idk cost on filter
Walsh huge air- around $180 its a new filter claims an increase over fuel intake and previous walsh
Fuel intake- around $190 (not up to date on this price) comes with new filter, billet adapter thingy, 8 layer filter, available to get a bigger kfx filter

·
Registered
116 Posts
Heres my take on intakes
stock airbox no lid aftermarket filter- makes decent power good for woods racing, can cut holes for better airflow
airbox delete kits,
400ex filter-cheapest around $40,works decent more air than stock box with holes
KMS- $150, new elbow new filter and a pre filter, claims most power of all intakes but the filter isnt the best quality, only a 2 layer, Kelly at KMS can get hook you up with a foam filter to use over top to make it good but idk cost on filter
Walsh huge air- around $180 its a new filter claims an increase over fuel intake and previous walsh
Fuel intake- around $190 (not up to date on this price) comes with new filter, billet adapter thingy, 8 layer filter, available to get a bigger kfx filter
So, the KFX450 filter from FuelATV is bigger than LTR450 FuelATV filter? I can't find any info from fuel site.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I think it's time for a updated intake dyno sheet where someone puts all these things to the test......all these"claims" need support, fuel is the only one I've ever seen tested and it made the most hp on the original shoot out, since then,Kms and Walsh have developed new designs, it'd be really interesting to see what is the tested and true champion for intakes now

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think it's time for a updated intake dyno sheet where someone puts all these things to the test......all these"claims" need support, fuel is the only one I've ever seen tested and it made the most hp on the original shoot out, since then,Kms and Walsh have developed new designs, it'd be really interesting to see what is the tested and true champion for intakes now
:icon2:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Heres my take on intakes
airbox delete kits,
So, the KFX450 filter from FuelATV is bigger than LTR450 FuelATV filter? I can't find any info from fuel site.

If you call Im sure they can direct you. Im not all up to date on the fuel intake since its one of the most pricey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there a good after marked air intake hose. I have a full yoshi and cherry bomb and feel like it would run better with more air. also getting a powercommander soon
Hey quick question for ya , if I get the power commander and install it , will I get the extra power and gains of What the the cherry bomb Would give you without the power commander Being Dino’d in ?

Meaning if you install the cherry bomb you get a instant mapping setting and improved performance .

If I install the power commander and don’t dyno it In will I still have the added gains of atleast what the cherry bomb would have gave me ?

·
Super Moderator
1,266 Posts
Hey quick question for ya , if I get the power commander and install it , will I get the extra power and gains of What the the cherry bomb Would give you without the power commander Being Dino’d in ?

Meaning if you install the cherry bomb you get a instant mapping setting and improved performance .

If I install the power commander and don’t dyno it In will I still have the added gains of atleast what the cherry bomb would have gave me ?
Sure it might have some gains but a dyno chart is key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts