Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna hear some of your opinions from yall about what 18in mx tires hook up really good. i do a lot of drag racing in loose dirt and i only weigh 135 so hookin up is a liitttllle bit of an issue haha. i wanna know if any of the aftermarket tires out there that come in 18s are good for hookin up because id like to try them out. thanx in advance for the opinion

·
Registered
456 Posts
My buddy had some holeshots on his quad and loved them. But they where a softer rubber coumpound so they wear out fast. But I like my maxxis razz mx they last long and hook up great. And for 53 bucks a piece you can't beat that. I get them from rockymontianatv

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are they heavy tires or do they weigh less or about the same as stock?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Idk the weight but they are 2 ply rating if that has anything to do with it

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have kenda Klaw's and they have lasted a really long time. The higher the ply rating the longer they will last. 2 ply die fast, 4 ply last longer. motosport sells 18 inch kenda Klaws for pretty cheap I'm sure.

·
Registered
350 Posts
if youre worried bout wieght definitly go 2 ply and as far as lasting ply rating does not affect the rubber compound so 4 ply wont out last 2 ply par say.... i am a huge fan of axxis razr thats what i am buying next but right now i have holeshot mxr6's and they hook up really well(but do wear out fast) at ATCO in south NJ which is a sandy type soil... hope this helps

·
Registered
120 Posts
Higher ply rating tires on vehicles means how many layers the tire is wrapped in. Same concept with atv tires. Higher ply tires should and usually will last longer.

I'm also a fan of the mxr6s but they dont last worth a crap. I think there a low ply rating. hint hint.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
08 stock tires are the best

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do the mxr6s hook better than the stocks?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@leasureryan they hook but with my lite ass on it in the really loose stuff i cant hook at all. i spin so bad that i can start in third with no problem

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Ive used alot of tires over the past few years and Im thoroughly impressed with the new goldspeed tires. im running the sx fronts and mxr rears. I couldnt be happier. The tires work very very well.

if I wasnt on these tires it would be yellow label razr or holehot rears. . About the same price but it seems the dwt tires last longer.

Bang for the buck kenda klaws are great. Good luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
in my personal opinion i use to have mxr6's on my blaster and i had 6ply and they lasted a really long time and when i traded it away they were still in really good condition and i was racing with them and i beat the crap out of those tires. i really think it is just personal preference i havent haad a chance to try out the maxxis razr's yet but soon enough i will ive heard alot of great things from each tire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts