Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Battery loose charge

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Loric2006 
#1 ·
I have a 06 ltr 450 and I have a trouble with the battery, i fully charge it and go for a ride but when I stop it it doesn’t have any charge left to start the quad again. I think its the stator but I not really good at mechanic yet so ill take any help from yall!

#2 ·
check the charge while running. Should be 14volts. If its not 14v it could be something else

#4 ·
I am having the same problem. Burnt through a few batteries, last week I just put in a brand new voltage regulator and battery in checked my stator its fine, but my new battery seems to have died again even when I charge it and keep it on a tender. any ideas what is causing this it is getting annoying. Any battery brand ideas or have you solved the problem?

#5 ·
old posts, but are either of you running additional lights or accessories? These might be pulling on the battery even when off, if not wired properly. Probably not the case since you both have voltmeters but worth throwing out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.