Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
mine is still working great as my second battery for my 24v system.
Do you mind sharing how you hooked up the second battery to supply 24 volts to the starter only? I would really like to try a 24 volt system

·
Registered
3,693 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
no sane person will be able to understand that lol

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Shifty I thought about a kicker but not sure. I like the push and go but also like not having the batt probs.

Thanks Suzu.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My ballistic battery crapped out after 2 weeks, and of course while I was at the dunes. Had to buy a standard battery but i'll be trying WPS featherweight next.

Never got around to relocating everything like I wanted

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i still have this same battery running and still not dead ;]

·
Registered
1 Posts
i prefer the 8 cell on mine its just a few ounces heavier. also cranks it without hesitation the 4 cell doesnt crank as well. but save 7 pounds right away without any other mod! dont leave key on overnight though these battery's die quick if left with key on
I have a ltr 06, Does anyone know if you can use RC car cells , for the bike. Dumb questio maybe. I just put in a oversized radiator, my oem battery does not fit. I'm just looking out of the box. They charge quick, or just as a back up, adding another harness , for emergencies.??? I would appreciate if someone could answer that "knows" lol

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I thought RC car batteries are lithium batteries. They are more sensitive to charging and heat unlike the lithium phosphate batteries for power sports. It may work as a second battery for a 24 volt setup that is not being charged by the stator. I wouldn’t recommend it as a primary battery being charged by the stator they are not designed for that.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts