Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
thats good to hear. part of me wants to order it but the other part of me doesnt think itll work good enough lol

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I guess the anti gravity batteries are more durable bnr motorsports sells them but I don't know alot about them

·
Registered
400 Posts
i have to look them up i want something really light. thanks

·
Registered
940 Posts
defiantly thinking about getting an 8 cell. only thing that scares me about the air box relocation is it coming loose and knocking off the filter. probably gonna just stick with the battery box.

·
Registered
400 Posts
even though i dont run an airbox i dont like that idea because your putting the weight from low on the quad to up towards the top, even though it is significantly less weight its still more weight up top

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I think losing 6 or 7 lbs on bottom gaining half a pound on top is not a performance decrease. One extra pit stop could offset that. To me its really more about cleaning up the bike. I think it looks better. The battery cant fall anywhere. Its fully boxed. Its actually been working great. Battery has held up also, and I had my doubts as well.

·
Registered
644 Posts
defiantly thinking about getting an 8 cell. only thing that scares me about the air box relocation is it coming loose and knocking off the filter. probably gonna just stick with the battery box.
problem is theres no simple way to just drop it in the factory box.. the ballisitic is taller than the OE unit. you may be able to lay a 4 cell on its side in there, but my 8 just wasn't going to fit, which is ultimately why i went with the relocate.

EDIT: also, as far as it coming loose.. if you clean your filter often the battery will have to come out anyways, so keeping it tight shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just noticed what I said and it made no sense haha. I want to convert to the ballistics battery and I am running LED 22 watt LED lights. Will the battery power be enough to power the lights

·
Registered
644 Posts
well, ballistic battery number two has failed on me. it's only been used a couple times, and after starting it and driving into the yard, trying to restart it was a no-go. i put the multi meter on it and it reads 10.2-10.3 volts until i turn the key on, at which point it drops to 2.4 volts if i have it in gear, less than 1 volt if in neutral (trying to light the dummy light). put the battery charger on and the lights light up and the fuel pump runs. so the battery is junk, yet again.

as awesome as the customer service was getting the first one replaced, at this point i cannot reccomend this battery. hopefully they get it straghtened out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
ballistic

Its been awhile since I started this thread and I wanted to say my battery is still going strong. I actually haven't even ever put it on the tender or charger and the bike sat for several months still fired right up the other day no problem.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Its been awhile since I started this thread and I wanted to say my battery is still going strong. I actually haven't even ever put it on the tender or charger and the bike sat for several months still fired right up the other day no problem.
still going? if so i'm happy for you (and jealous at the same time!), i really hoped it would work out for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
batt

After reading your issues and running through a couple you made me a bit skeptical bender. But yes it is indeed still working no problems. Maybe it helps that its in the box out of the elements or maybe I just got lucky so far. Either way I think it has already served its value at this point if it failed I would just consider it normal especially with our extreme temps in az.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
mine is still working great as my second battery for my 24v system.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts