Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Baffle Or Spark Arestor?

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  YFZ450 Blaster Racer 
#1 ·
does it matter if i take out the spark arestor, or should i just take the baffle out? does it preform well with it off?
and does it ever pop?(backfire)thanks..

#3 ·
Mmmmm. last time I checked, the baffle and the sparky are the same thing?

#5 ·
Yeah isn't the spark arrestor attached to the pea shooter? Did not know they were seperate.

#6 ·
does it matter if i take out the spark arestor, or should i just take the baffle out? does it preform well with it off?
and does it ever pop?(backfire)thanks..
[/b]
Are you talking about the packing inside the muffler? The baffle and the spark arestor are the same thing. I was told I could pull the packing out but it would make the bike sound like A$$, so I left it alone and just pulled the spark out. Either way, just pull the spark arestor out, take the lid off, and put the cb in. It makes a world of difference and it's been tested and tried so you know it'll be ok on the bike. Just make sure you get the cb before you do these things.

#7 ·
Why do you need the CB for those mods? I've had my LTR450 for about 4 months and since i got it i have taken out the pea shooter and airbox lid, nothing has gone wrong and i've even gotten a different airfilter. I know people have been saying it runs lean.

#8 ·
Why do you need the CB for those mods? I've had my LTR450 for about 4 months and since i got it i have taken out the pea shooter and airbox lid, nothing has gone wrong and i've even gotten a different airfilter. I know people have been saying it runs lean.
[/b]
That's why...it will run lean. Air + fuel = hp (short explanation). When you don't have an even mixture of the two, you will run either lean or rich. Running rich is much better than running lean, but still not desired. So, by running those mods you are getting that much more air flow but not the needed extra fuel. You will starve the engine and blow it. The engine is worth the extra 39.99, trust me. Plus, you will raise the rev limiter with it. I hope this answers your question.

#9 ·
YFZ...go get a CRBM...right NOW!

And if your reading this then your waisting time... :p

#10 ·
Once again, last time I checked, the C/B does nothing for the air/fuel ratio.

#11 ·
Well it works fine now, so when i get a pipe then i'll buy one, cause it was designed for the use of a pipe.

#12 ·
Once again, last time I checked, the C/B does nothing for the air/fuel ratio.
[/b]
Cuda, the CB changes the EFI from the stock setting to another map that is richer among other things...that changes the AF Ratio by adding fuel last I checked? :unsure: If I'm wrong I'd love to hear how...but isn't this how it works?

#13 ·
#14 ·
I will figure out this EFI one day! I promise, I will pay more attention in LTR class!! :D

#15 ·
till then can you send us pics of the first blown up ltr?

#16 ·
Right, now I am starting to recall, all about the 2 stored maps courtesy of Suzuki, and the PIM has the 2 from Yoshi, guess I should lay off the valium till it all comes back................

#17 ·
You could try sharing :p

I mean if you didn't bring enough for the whole class....geesh

#18 ·
Thats another perc of living in So-Cal, the mexican border and Mexican prescriptions are only an hour away! Any kids out there, stay away from drugs, they are for responsible adults with tons of experience only!

#19 ·
He's right about that...I've had to use the "Hell yes I'm loaded...you think I could ride like THAT sober???" line many times :p

#20 ·
He's right about that...I've had to use the "Hell yes I'm loaded...you think I could ride like THAT sober???" line many times :p
[/b]
HA! Sounds like a guy I arrested the other night! ME: On a scale of 1 - 10 how sober would you say you are? SUBJECT: I just ran through the front of a house...I'm pretty drunk!

#21 ·
He he he...case closed! :p

#22 ·
Hey quick question, I needed an answer right away so I didn't do the forum search. I know you all have answered this probably a billion times already. I just got the yoshi RS5 and took out the spark arrester and I have a cherry bomb with the air box lid on. I run 92 octane gas. (no race or trick gas) and was wondering if this ok or do I need to take of the air box lid or am I gonna be to lean anyways. The pipe is a slip on in case you were wondering. Thanks.

#23 ·
I've been here awhile and remember some people saying regular gas will be okay, but i don't know for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.