Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum and I am waiting to take delivery of my '07. I have already got some of my parts coming in for it, cherry bomb, Pro-Design air filter, etc. My question is, has anyone found a need for a longer swingarm? This machine will remain mostly stock engine wise with just the normal bolt ons and will be ridden in the dunes, trails, fire roads, etc. Basically a recreational machine. Every other quad I have ever owned needed more swinger, my 88 310 R got a + 4, my 85 ATC 250R, same, and + 1.25 on my 426 and 440 EX's. Is it worth picking up a stock swingarm to have it extended? Thanks.

· Registered
6,700 Posts
Hello, new to the forum and I am waiting to take delivery of my '07. I have already got some of my parts coming in for it, cherry bomb, Pro-Design air filter, etc. My question is, has anyone found a need for a longer swingarm? This machine will remain mostly stock engine wise with just the normal bolt ons and will be ridden in the dunes, trails, fire roads, etc. Basically a recreational machine. Every other quad I have ever owned needed more swinger, my 88 310 R got a + 4, my 85 ATC 250R, same, and + 1.25 on my 426 and 440 EX's. Is it worth picking up a stock swingarm to have it extended? Thanks.
[/b]
Havent personnaly seen the need yet. Longer swing arm intent is to keep the nose down. Don't think to many of us on HQ have had swing arms issues nor have had the need to upgrade.

· Premium Member
20,716 Posts
I dunno about that...seems to work againest ya in the duneing arena...I would say not so much...spend the money on other things... :D

· Registered
6,358 Posts
i say no need for a longer swingarm for this well built machine.. i have ridden hondas on the beach wide open and had the front end lift off from just a little bump.. this thing is great anywhere you ride which you will soon find out... well gtg the seahawks are back on..

· Premium Member
1,598 Posts
I dont think you would need an extended Swing arm with those mods. My banshee has a +5 and it kinda kills the riding in other places except the dunes...Im not goin+g to extend my lt-r unless i need to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.