Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 ltr450 bought it needing a starter clutch, replaced that started fast and idled great. Ran it down the road stopped a few times started great then coming back gave it gas it bogged cleared out then died. Found the fuel pressure regulator was bad.

So far I've
Replaced the regulator with a universal. Cleaned all lines and filters.
Removed swirl filter and replaced with an online filter.
Checked, cleaned and put dielectric grease on all electical connections.

I have blue spark the fuel injector is pulsing and still no fire. No dash lights. I have power to pump and coil so its not the tip sensor. I have unpluged the tps and nothing changes. I know it could be valves but it started immediately before so I don't think its valves. I will check them once new timing covers arrive, the big one was rounded when I bought it.

Seems like something electrical to me but idk... any ideas or insight would be great TIA

·
Registered
06 ltr450
7 Posts
My ltr450 did some wierd stuff with the dash light an broad power outtage. Ran a hot plug for first time ran for 2hrs an it just lost power after a bit the power came back on but once tried to start it, it would go back out. Im not familar with the ltr its still a new bike to me, but sounds like what ever is happening maybe related. Im not sure but once mine cooled completely down everything came back online. Maybe it has more sensors then the tip sensor, it seems to me that there are maybe some saftey features aswell. I have yet to take mine back out to ride but i changed to standard plug an look forward to seeing if it makes it through the next ride.Ive heard of ppl saying it just got hot an shutdown so will see an if it dont do it agian could maybe explain this overheating issue. From the sound of it our problem may be related to a bad sensor triping an keeping it from coming back online. Ill keep looking for a way to fix these issues an if i figure it out ill let you know. Maybe someone will see these issues an know a lil bit more then we do about these issues were experiencing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts