Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a great deal on some brats! They are 21x12x8 6 paddles. They comp cut too. I was about to order a set of 21x12x8 7 paddle haulers from Fullerton Sand Sports. He thought these would be a good all around tire.....but...then I found these brats... My question is will these Brats come out of the hole like the 7 paddle haulers or no? I've researched a little and most people say they are the best drag racing tire, I want something that will come out of the hole and accelerate fast. Basically something that will help me win drag races. Is 6 paddle not enough paddle? Also these are going to be short and flat drags maybe 450ft max. Going to be riding out at Little Sahara Oklahoma. And is it safe to dune with these?
Mods are
Kms V1 porting
+1 intake valves
Hot cam
Dasa
Pc5
And soon a Kms intake.

What do you guys think I should get. Can get a set of brand new brats with wheels for the same price as the haulers without wheels. Just don't want to buy them and be dissappointed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would go with the Brats.. I run 6 paddle hauler extremes and love them.. just didnt want to fork out the extra for the brats.. The Brats are alot lighter than haulers, and much better suited for racing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the 21x12x8 6 paddle brats on mine and they worked great at Little Sahara. My motor isn't built so I can't tell you if the 6 paddle will be enough for you.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I making 50hp at the wheels, I ride Glamis, and for Duning and Drag racing the 6 paddles are perfect. I have tried many of paddle combos on my quad, and this set i love. 8 paddle haulers come out of the hole hard, but pull the motor down in the top gears. When it comes to paddles, less is more.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
I have the Brats and love them, also have a set of 6 paddle Extremes and I still choose the Brats. The down side it that they do not hold air very well they will drop some pressure in a few days and they are very thin, awesome on sand but be very careful on the flats.

I have 60hp, and run a 3.0 gear ratio.

how much and where are you getting the deal?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Brats and love them, also have a set of 6 paddle Extremes and I still choose the Brats. The down side it that they do not hold air very well they will drop some pressure in a few days and they are very thin, awesome on sand but be very careful on the flats.

I have 60hp, and run a 3.0 gear ratio.

how much and where are you getting the deal?
I found a set on the banshee forum for 275 shipped. Brand new on Douglas wheels. They sold while I was discussing shipping with him. I think I'm going to go ahead and get brats anyways tho. I dynod at 56hp. I was just worried it wouldn't be enough tire. But it sounds like they'll hook great! What gearing do you run exactly shadey?
You guys have been a great help
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I run a 14/38 combo and can still pull hard in 5th gear with the 6 paddle extremes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts