Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
nice numbers for the 493... another member with the ice cube 527 kit was pushing 60 hp... great numbers for the size of displacement... good job

·
8,225 Posts
I'm not trying to bash on Dan but your AFR's look off to me. Was the bike really that happy with the radical changes like that? (that rich on bottom)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not trying to bash on Dan but your AFR's look off to me. Was the bike really that happy with the radical changes like that? (that rich on bottom)[/b]
not mine runs fine.... its my brothers bike...but i did think it should have been tuned a little more... the damn thing still wont idle right

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
what that supposed to mean?[/b]
That dyno is notorious for being very generous. Has been roughly 4-5whp less on my dyno for every setup. Bolt on bikes have done over 52whp on that dyno.

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
I'm not trying to bash on Dan but your AFR's look off to me. Was the bike really that happy with the radical changes like that? (that rich on bottom)[/b]

It looks fat on the low end but if you look at the HP curve it is smooth and the torque came up after it was richened up <_<

That dyno is notorious for being very generous. Has been roughly 4-5whp less on my dyno for every setup. Bolt on bikes have done over 52whp on that dyno.[/b]
+1 ya the dyno is known to read higher than most :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
The Dasa dyno used to ready pretty high, but last time was was up there making runs ....... about a month ago it was right inline with the other dynos. Remember this bike is ported, great cam, great pipe, great intake and a big bore. I think 56 give ot take is very realistic.

FUELATV

·
8,225 Posts
The Dasa dyno used to ready pretty high, but last time was was up there making runs ....... about a month ago it was right inline with the other dynos. Remember this bike is ported, great cam, great pipe, great intake and a big bore. I think 56 give ot take is very realistic.

FUELATV[/b]
I don't think anyone was arguing that point. I think they were saying it should have been 60+ on Dan's dyno.

·
Registered
493 Posts
what that supposed to mean?[/b]
I know guys with stockbores that made 60+hp on that dyno.

IMO...your cam is hurting you, a lot...especially with the bore. If low end power is what your looking for then nevermind but peak power at 8300?? Thats about in line with as shitty as stock. I bet it wheelies good :fro:

I would look at some Web mid/highs or maybe some custom grinds. IMO you need an exhaust cam too, but I guess people can bitch about that back and forth all day.

Again, not sure if you just trail ride or just want low end grunt or whatever...but a cam swap will make that thing pull almost to the limiter.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
i would stick a crower high grind cam in there for sure ATLEAST. If you want even more power go with an intake and exhaust cam. I recommend the dasa/web high grinds for sure. You would see 60whp with that setup.

I dynoed a bike withe almost the exact same setup and it made 56whp 40ftlbs. On my dyno those are good numbers but the bike is just like yours. Needing more cam. We were thinking about crower high grind intake cam with dasa high grind exhaust. There is alot of power in that motor setup. I also suggest valves.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i would stick a crower high grind cam in there for sure ATLEAST. If you want even more power go with an intake and exhaust cam. I recommend the dasa/web high grinds for sure. You would see 60whp with that setup.

I dynoed a bike withe almost the exact same setup and it made 56whp 40ftlbs. On my dyno those are good numbers but the bike is just like yours. Needing more cam. We were thinking about crower high grind intake cam with dasa high grind exhaust. There is alot of power in that motor setup. I also suggest valves.[/b]
we do 90% trail riding and 10% glamis/dumont so the torque is a must,but if it were mine i would have done the high grinds and changed my riding style...... this bike is such a pain to work on, and i think he's out of money, so it is done and will get no further mods...

·
Registered
7,547 Posts

I dynoed a bike withe almost the exact same setup and it made 56whp 40ftlbs. On my dyno those are good numbers but the bike is just like yours. Needing more cam. We were thinking about crower high grind intake cam with dasa high grind exhaust. There is alot of power in that motor setup. I also suggest valves.[/b]

yea, but how much do those super agressive cams shorten the life of valvetrain components?.....

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I spoke to him about what cam owould be best. At the time he was not doing a bike bore and porting so i told him to go with the hot cam intake cam. Had he told me he was going to do a big bore and porting i would have advised to go with the BIG Dasa/web cams ......... i had a set sitting here.

FUELATV

·
Registered
883 Posts
i believe the #'s are right inline with the mods. a little more porting by a pro shop would make it yield better power accross the board. IMO

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
:first:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts