Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a redesigned transmission from Colac Motorcycles that fits 2008-present LTRs. Not sure if it could be fitted to previous than 2008 models, but I'm sure they would be able to tell you. They claim that they've been racing this setup for a couple years with no failures. I've broken numerous 3rd gears after only a couple trips to the track and so far, I'm on my 10th trip this year with no issues or signs of wear. It's hard to say whether or not this is a bulletproof design without more hours of testing, although, it has out performed my previous setup by a 400% margin.
The kit costs 704 AUD shipped, which is $525 and your bank should handle the currency exchange. The package came fairly quick after customs and it includes a parts breakdown of the new transmission that shows where each new part is supposed go and is very easy to figure out as long as you take your time. I HIGHLY recommend labeling each part of your old transmission with tape or something because it made the install much easier. And as always, make sure you buy new gaskets(top end at the least), sealant for the cases (I went with Honda Bond), new thrust washers, new C-clips and assembly lube, and it's probably a good idea to get some new rings and have the cylinder honed. Most importantly, take your time, label or take pictures of parts, get a service manual, use torque wrenches/decent tools, use loctite, be clean and neat, be sober lol, and take your time!!!!!

Here is the link so you can check it out and contact them through email or phone:

LTR450 Gearbox Upgrade - Colac Motorcycles

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you have them. And no, I don't work for them or any other quad shop lol just trying to help out some fellow LTR riders.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Install 06-07 trans and forget about it. Plus parts are available from any dealer.

Rumor is that this kit is just the factory upgrade that never made it into our quads. There were 3 changes to the 08 trans by Suzuki between 08-09. Also replacing the clutch basket will make a huge difference in shock load. Also landing in 3rd wide open is not a good idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a redesigned transmission from Colac Motorcycles that fits 2008-present LTRs. Not sure if it could be fitted to previous than 2008 models, but I'm sure they would be able to tell you. They claim that they've been racing this setup for a couple years with no failures. I've broken numerous 3rd gears after only a couple trips to the track and so far, I'm on my 10th trip this year with no issues or signs of wear. It's hard to say whether or not this is a bulletproof design without more hours of testing, although, it has out performed my previous setup by a 400% margin.
The kit costs 704 AUD shipped, which is $525 and your bank should handle the currency exchange. The package came fairly quick after customs and it includes a parts breakdown of the new transmission that shows where each new part is supposed go and is very easy to figure out as long as you take your time. I HIGHLY recommend labeling each part of your old transmission with tape or something because it made the install much easier. And as always, make sure you buy new gaskets(top end at the least), sealant for the cases (I went with Honda Bond), new thrust washers, new C-clips and assembly lube, and it's probably a good idea to get some new rings and have the cylinder honed. Most importantly, take your time, label or take pictures of parts, get a service manual, use torque wrenches/decent tools, use loctite, be clean and neat, be sober lol, and take your time!!!!!

Here is the link so you can check it out and contact them through email or phone:

LTR450 Gearbox Upgrade - Colac Motorcycles

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you have them. And no, I don't work for them or any other quad shop lol just trying to help out some fellow LTR riders.
Hi there,

So some years have passed, can you give us a feedback now?

Best regards,

NC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts