Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 LTR 450 with a 490 Athena in it. I just got it not too long ago. I am trying to do the valves right now, and so I took everything apart and measured the shims as per usual. The exhaust and the clutch side intake were fine. But the brake side intake is REALLY tight. I can't get 0.03mm feeler gauge into it. I took it apart and was just gonna drop the size of the shim 0.15mm to put it in spec, so I did that, but it made no difference, put another 0.15mm smaller in it, and no difference. I've currently got the smallest shim I can get in it which is a 1.2mm, and am still unable to get the feeler gauge into it. I started with a 1.7mm in it, and now Im down to a 1.2mm. The thing that's funny is that this bike only has about 1 hour on it since it was at the dealer ship getting the "valves done". Shows you how good the dealerships are or at least the ones around here. Any help would be appreciated. If I need a new valve for this one side do I have to lap it? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
Matt,

Sounds like a valve job is needed. Intakes will always go out first. Either the person had no air filter or the valves were on its last leg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts