Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

2007 450r Released

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Quiksilver_7 
#1 ·
Hmm...atvriders has an article about Honda releasing their 07 sport quad line-up. No fuel-injection for the 450r? I'm honestly speechless about that? :blink: Decision to not equip their race platform with FI just blows my mind. Opinions?

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/honda2007trx450er.html

#3 ·
They shouldn't be allowed to change quads every year, should be every five years. That way I can stay on top for a couple of years. I can't buy a new bike every year like Sandjunkie and Fuel. Hell it's probably a tax right off for Fuel. Must be nice to have your own little company.

Tax man: So how do you consider a new LT-R450 a buisness expense?
Fuel: Had to have one for mock up of new bumpers and racks.
Tax man: What about all these tabs at the strip club your trying to write off?
Fuel: Sales Entertainment expense for my number 1 customer, Sandjunkie!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#5 ·
Tabs at the strip club????...you mean those girls DIDN'T really like me???? :eek:

He he he...and yet ANOTHER thread hijacked by NW & the Junk man.... :p

All kidding aside...in my experience I have never felt Honda was a "reactive" company...when they move? It's definately with a purpose...but getting them to move?...Another story :(

#7 ·
Well i've had a couple of Honda's over the years (road trail and cr) and neither have EVER failed me.
I have never seen Honda go out of their "comfort zone" unlike Suzuki who have released tne Balls out LTR!
Look at Honda's 450r engine, it is the most under stressed engine around and extremely reliable as Honda is known for reliability. In my opinion, if you want a proven reliable mechanically solid 450, cant go past it. I reckon Honda will be the last 450 quad to go injected. Yamaha 07 model apparently is going injected, as is the new Waka 450 and finally the Polaris/KTM 450, speculation that this also will be injected.
Honda can afford to wait, when your on a good thing, stick with it!
At the end of the day, I am not suprised that they haven't made the jump to injection.
Time will tell!!

#8 ·
They shouldn't be allowed to change quads every year, should be every five years. That way I can stay on top for a couple of years. I can't buy a new bike every year like Sandjunkie and Fuel. Hell it's probably a tax right off for Fuel. Must be nice to have your own little company.

Tax man: So how do you consider a new LT-R450 a buisness expense?
Fuel: Had to have one for mock up of new bumpers and racks.
Tax man: What about all these tabs at the strip club your trying to write off?
Fuel: Sales Entertainment expense for my number 1 customer, Sandjunkie!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b]
Its more like this

TAX MAN - so how do you consider a new LTR-450 a business exspence?
FUELATV - Have to have one to develop new products for
TAX MAN - O.K. but you did not even make enough profit to pay for the bike this year?
FUELATV - Yeah but dont all companies lose money every year?
TAX MAN - No FUEL they raise their prices to make money especially when they have great products and
Sevice second to NONE like you do.
FUELATV - Ohhh thats how they do it?

FUELATV

#10 ·
Considering I JUST bought mine after a LONG debate on which 450 -- I am VERY happy that Honda didn't "step-up" -- Let us be the Big Boys on the block for awhile -- by the time the others catch up -- we will have ALL kind of MODS -- 50+ hp --- I think we will be fine for a few seasons

#11 ·
A bit of a dissapointment, hopefully Yamaha will update the YFZ this year with something other then "bold new graphics".

The white 450R does look really nice though..

Honda found out that whites are faster than yellow, reds, and blues......they know the secret!!!!!!!

A bit of a dissapointment, hopefully Yamaha will update the YFZ this year with something other then "bold new graphics".

The white 450R does look really nice though..

[/b]

Crap, Honda found out the secret that whites are the fastest quads, doh!!!!!!!!!!

#12 ·
Well, Honda has definitely gone out on a limb before. Are we all forgetting the 400EX that basically started the craze back into the sport quad market?

As for legendary Honda reliability sure. They are riding it out. All in all, is fuel injection really required? No. Is it nice? Sure. I went riding out in the rocky mountains and while the LTR had great response all the time it was popping like crazy once we got up in the higher altitudes. Also the bike liked to die on me (only in higher altitudes). But the throttle response is always nice.

I've owned several suzuki products and I've never had an issue (Dirt bikes and streetbikes). You can't go wrong with Yamaha either as far as reliability is concerned.

I've owned several honda cars also. The #1 reason I didn't buy the Honda 450R (it was my first choice over the LTR but now that I have the LTR I love it) was my experiences with my cars. The latest one being an '05 RSX Type-S. What a piece of junk. Transmission grinding at like 20K km's. The front suspension banging and clanging. The interior was a rattle trap. Crappy leather that looked worn out at 30K km (I was always careful getting in and out of my car). So that being said (I'm still bitter lol) I'm on the old Honda bycott streak here. No more honda ANYTHING for me. After that crappy car and lousy customer service, I'll never give Honda another cent of mine again. Even if a new product is great, there's always a different manufacturer. The car is gone and long live the Ford F-150! (Great truck, I absolutely love it and best of all, NO PROBLEMS!! 'knock on wood')

I have to say though, the 450R in white looks great.

#14 ·
I am DEFINATELY NOT selling anything in order to buy something else new...I'm not even TIRED of this bike yet...it only came in the very end of last riding season and I'm JUST getting started on the potential...as far as the new Honda?...well without a FI setup...why?...they YFZ?...maybe....the Kawi?..most definately...but why sell the baddest bike thats come out EVER?...That I don't understand :blink:

#15 ·
This is a great time for ATV's. I will not ride a bike for a year then sell it. Maybeevery two years. We have had it good all of these years. Not many changes, but now when you buy a bike off the showroom floor it will be alot better then in the past. Suzuki has made everyone step up their game. IMO

FUELATV

#16 ·
This is a great time for ATV's. I will not ride a bike for a year then sell it. Maybeevery two years. We have had it good all of these years. Not many changes, but now when you buy a bike off the showroom floor it will be alot better then in the past. Suzuki has made everyone step up their game. IMO
FUELATV
[/b]
Preach ON Brudder! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.