Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started randomly and got worse over time. Quad will start easy and idle but will not rev up. Pops and backfires and will die if throttle left open.
1 checked fuel pressure. Good
2 found pressure dropped when throttle chopped at idle. Changed fuel pump with new Honda one. Fuel pressure good after. Checked pump screen while I was there.
3 already removed swirl filter and put inline one in. Changed it for new one.
4 checked for intake leaks seems ok to me
5 checked all ground wires
6 tried new gas
7 tried almost sealing air box with and without CRBM
8 tried no air box lid with and without CRBM
9 tried above with and without peashooter in pipe.
10 checked kill switch connections.
11 battery has good charge

I'm at a total loss.....
Tired of throwing parts at it. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
you never checked the charging system
is your tps out?

·
Registered
294 Posts
definitely check the TPS sensor..... i have the same prob and im just getting so fed-up with this Fuel Injection shit that im selling my pitbike and buying a carb kit,new rear shock,and linkage!!!

Hope you figure out everything

Ride on!!!!:beerchug:

·
Registered
65 Posts
did you check the injector

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did try without the inline filter. I'm going to test the tps now. also gonna try opening the injector with a 9V and back wash. ill post the results after i finish.

·
Registered
71 Posts
While your in there, pull the whole throttle body. Give It a good cleaning,blow throw all the holes and stuff. Make sure the choke thing is working and all clean.

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
way to check the stator charging system!!

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki LTR 450
10 Posts
Did you get this problem solved? Mine is doing almost the same. This only happens sometimes, but I'm losing time on my races when it does happen. My '06 LTR don't start the first time, but eventually starts after couple of turns, sometimes it does not rev up at all and wants to die. It idles fine, but the minute I try to rev it up it wants to stall and it does die when opening the throttle more. Switch it off and tried again and after couple of times doing the same thing it eventually revs up. No other issues on it when it goes it goes like hell and I'm racing GXCC here in South Africa, so it's just on starting it sometimes that it fails to rev up. Why is it right sometimes and other times not?

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki LTR 450
10 Posts
Did you get this problem solved? Mine is doing almost the same. This only happens sometimes, but I'm losing time on my races when it does happen. My '06 LTR don't start the first time, but eventually starts after couple of turns, sometimes it does not rev up at all and wants to die. It idles fine, but the minute I try to rev it up it wants to stall and it does die when opening the throttle more. Switch it off and tried again and after couple of times doing the same thing it eventually revs up. No other issues on it when it goes it goes like hell and I'm racing GXCC here in South Africa, so it's just on starting it sometimes that it fails to rev up. Why is it right sometimes and other times not?
So, I've got my problem solved myself, thanks to no help on this forum... My quad was also backfiring a lot on deceleration, so I have been reading through this forum for all the advice that was given to other people. Checked and double checked everything that was mentioned. Finally I decided to check idle air screw. Mine was about 3 turns open, which is way too lean. Closed it and opened it 1 and 5/8th turns open according to manual spec. PROBLEM SOLVED.... can you believe it, such a small thing. Now the quad starts better, not having the rev problem anymore and also no backfire when decelerating into corners, just a pop now and then, otherwise quad is running smooth and no starting issue anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts