Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what number 14 is called and why it is leaking fuel is there a way to bypass also could that cause the fi light to come on an bog down when on throttle help plz

·
Super Moderator
1,313 Posts
Moved thread to proper location.

However Item 14 is the swirl filter housing and it loves to leak at the seal where to fuel shut off is. Just get a new O Ring and be done with it. Mine started leaking and I need to replace mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moved thread to proper location.

However Item 14 is the swirl filter housing and it loves to leak at the seal where to fuel shut off is. Just get a new O Ring and be done with it. Mine started leaking and I need to replace mine.
Ok thank u appreciate it would it not be better to delete it an just bypass it I seen where a lot of people say u have to replace it every couple races

·
Super Moderator
1,313 Posts
Ok thank u appreciate it would it not be better to delete it an just bypass it I seen where a lot of people say u have to replace it every couple races
I only replaced 1 swirl filter ever my quad is an 06 and that was just one of those maintenance things that didn't need it. I don't know what kind of gas people are running however I do not recommend bypassing the swirl filter and housing.

·
Super Moderator
1,313 Posts
Also would that make the fi light come on an make it bog when I’m riding
no you have other issues, unless its leaking really bad and causing air in the lines and the pump isnt getting the correct pressure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only replaced 1 swirl filter ever my quad is an 06 and that was just one of those maintenance things that didn't need it. I don't know what kind of gas people are running however I do not recommend bypassing the swirl filter and housing.
Do u know where I can get the o ring at an if it’s on that diagram what number is it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to replace the O-ring on the brass fuel shut off screw. I got a new o-ring for that at a hardware store:
6mm ID, 10mm OD, 2mm thick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.