Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki LTR 450
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this issue starting on me 2 weeks back and just got worse. In my last race this weekend I almost couldn't use 1st gear at all. Lost the holeshot due to when I launched the quad in 1st it slipped to neutral and then I had to quick shift to 2nd to eventually pull away. Some time I can down shift into corners and it stays in 1st, but most of the time it jumped to neutral after shifting to 1st and want to accelerate.

I opened the motor and found that I do have the shift pin relocation done. I then started stripping the engine and found the gear shift cam to be worn. Can this be the only thing that made it slip to neutral or must I carry on stripping motor to investigate further? Below is the image of what the cam looks like.

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Bent shift shaft can cause this. At least that is what happened to be before.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
If your quad is an 06-07 you can order the shift cam and the arm that rides on it from an 08-09. They changed these part to help with false neutrals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Suzuki LTR 450
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the advice. My problem was the first gearing that interlock with each other. The interlocking edges was a little bit round and caused the first gear to slip out. The edges needs to be very sharp. I replaced the gears and problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts