Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my 07 ltr 450 and my friend has an 05 yfz 450. here is a list of what we have done to our bikes.
LTR
yoshi exhaust
pro design intake
pclll
high compretion piston 13:1
web cams
+1 one intake and exhaust valves
slight port and polish on the head
running 110 race gas
sprockets are 13 front 36 rear
skat track 8 paddel extreem
i weigh about 140

Yfz
yoshi exhaust
fuel customs intake
jetted
stock cams but he ajusted his intake cam to make it have more top end
his sprockets are 15 front stock rear
pump 91 grade gas
8 paddel skat track haulers
weighs about 160

I am really confused because before i did all the work to my bike he beat me almost every time at the dunes. Then i got all that work done and he still beats me most of the time.
the only time i beat him was on a hill that wasent very long but kinda steep with my 13 tooth on. then we go over to sand mouantain and i can beat him till about 3/4 the way up then i have to down shift for 3rd to second and he passes me. later that day i put my 14 tooth front on and we went back to that smaller hill and he beat me everytime.

what can i do? any help is appriciated!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
which is the size of the paddles?
you need to put 13/37 sproket or 38 if you have 21 or 22
1 2 and 3rd all the way up
also you need a good Dyno
and if he keeps winning changes bikes maybe it's the rider

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
yes, change riders to see if it's the bike or rider. he might just be better than you. You should be beating him every time. Not by much, but every time. You can change gearing to 13/38 and help a bit. With +size valves and an open exhaust, a more agressive porting would be the next thing I did. Either that or KMS or Fuel Intake.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
no way he should beat you, either you are a bad rider or he has more work. when i first got my ltr i still had my 06 yfz (faster than the 05.) ltr had only a cherry bomb, sparky out and no lid. would always beat my yfz with intake cam timing adjusted, k/n filter, gutted exh, and re jetted. the guy who bought it added a hot cam and curtis full ehx and it couldnt beat my ltr with a kms intake, ron woods exh, & power commander. you weigh less, have more power...sounds like it should be an easy win.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts