Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 ltr with a 13.75:1 piston a decked head and first time around hard starting so changed exhaust cams and bent the decompressor a bit easier starting now my question is? Is the a company that specializes in a decompressor or cam with decompressor that works good out of the box for a hi compression engine or will a rmz exhaust cam work good for this situation thank you guys in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
I have a 14.5:1 and it has no problem starting, had the piston in my LTR and now in my boys LTR. maybe it's because we run bigger cams but never had to bend/adjust the decompressor. the only problem that I had is that with the iridium spark plug would hit the piston and bend the ground strap so it would hit the electrode, happen on both bikes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk I've read a lot of guys have the problem with hi compression but this engine not only has a 13.75:1 piston but also has a decked head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
:nixweiss: not trying to be a dick but just stating my experience. My last trip to the dunes I ran a 535cc big bore with the cylinder shaved .030 with 13.5:1 compression and still started right up, had to pull the cylinder off because the piston was hitting the head. I have heard of a big bore stokers having problems.

Give Kelly at KMS a call, he does a lot of BB stroker LTR stuff, he should have some knowledge on your question. :beerchug:
KMS Performance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 14.5:1 and it has no problem starting, had the piston in my LTR and now in my boys LTR. maybe it's because we run bigger cams but never had to bend/adjust the decompressor. the only problem that I had is that with the iridium spark plug would hit the piston and bend the ground strap so it would hit the electrode, happen on both bikes.
I have 13.5:1 is it too much for the starter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts