Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried looking on here for solutions already and posted to Facebook but haven't been able to find any help. So I have an 07 that I noticed would smoke when I would punch the throttle so I did a leak down test on it and had 90% leakage thru the exhaust, so I spun the crank over a full rotation and I had 6% leakage and i couldn't hear or feel it coming out of anywhere. So I guess my question is it normal for the exhaust valves to be open on one cycle and if so why is it smoking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question, so I did a compression test and had right around 114 psi with the throttle closed which I believe is what you want right? But when my throttle is open the quad won't turn over with electric start it will crank and crank but as soon as you open the throttle it acts like it binds up any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,305 Posts
Compression tests should be done with open throttle. are you hydro locking the engine?
Did you check your valve specs? remember how an internal combustion engine works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Valves are within spec. Quad starts up and runs great besides the smoke when you stab the throttle.Tried doing a compression test with throttle open but it won't turn over with throttle open

·
Super Moderator
1,305 Posts
it makes no sense that your not able to start with the throttle open. It seems like you may be dumping to much fuel or your compression release isnt working correctly when the throttle is open.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright ill try a different stock cam i have laying around. What about the valve issue? I find it weird that I have so much leakage at tdc but if I rotate it over one cycle to tdc again have none. Or is this normal and I need new valves?

·
Super Moderator
1,305 Posts
Alright ill try a different stock cam i have laying around. What about the valve issue? I find it weird that I have so much leakage at tdc but if I rotate it over one cycle to tdc again have none. Or is this normal and I need new valves?
Are you on the correct marking for TDC?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts