Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 06 LTR450… looking at first mods with it. Pretty sure it’s mostly stock, but haven’t gotten to far into it…

QUESTIONS

Q. 1: What first mods should I do??? New to the whole ATV world… ANY AND ALL ADVICE / HELP appreciated.

Q. 2: What’s the difference between a pc5, pc3, and cherry bomb / other programmers / tuners??? I don’t know much about the programming / tuning world so I’d like one that I don’t have to program or go into and mess with. “plug and play” if you wil

Q. 3: Doing a swirl filter change, oil / filter, and air filter, and brakes. Should I do anything else while tearing it apart??

Q. 4: Read into a swirl filter delete, and 50% say do it and the other 50% says it f*cks your fuel system up and to not do it. Should I do the delete or keep it??? Very confused there

Q. 5: What suspension mods should I do down the road??? It looks like everything’s getting tired with the suspension so I’d like to redo that sometime soon.. read about stabilizers and aftermarket a arms and whatnot, and idk much about that stuff.. I’d love to learn… what do y’all reccomend???

what other little mods are there that help out a lot?

ANYTHING THAT I MISSED, PLEASE ADD / LET ME KNOW… ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Q1 all depends on what you are looking to get out of the bike, if you want more power I would say a programmer, exhaust, and intake. But if it has all the power you want I would say suspension. The first thing that you need to check on is if the bike has a shift pin locator bracket due to the weak point on the case, if it isn't done you should do this first.
Q2 The cherry bomb was something that Yoshimura sold and it changed your fuel mapping and all you had to do was remove the baffle from the stock exhaust and remove your air box lid and you got a nice power gain from it, I believe it would also be a good tune if you used an aftermarket exhaust. I'm not to familiar with the PC3 or PC5 but I believe the PC5 has an auto tune function that you can use if you can't get your bike dyno tuned.
Q3 Its always good to change out your spark plug and check your valve clearance, if this is a used bike you never know how well it was maintained.
Q4 I run a inline filter, easy to change and I never ran into any issues with it. If you don't want to run an inline filter then you should run an aluminum fuel bowl so you don't run into any of the fuel issues that a lot of people ran into.
Q5 when it comes to suspension it all depends on the kind of riding you do and how much money you want to spend, re-valves are good but so is long travel.

a lot of people don't come on here anymore but there is a lot of good information on here, just use the search function and you should be able to get help with any issues you run into. Congrats on the new bike!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts